Book Loving Kiwis discussion

What Do You Think? > New Release Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (seren-lucy) | 1147 comments I feel completely out of touch with the new books that are making it big at the moment. Any recommendations?

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica | 935 comments Mod
The book that I can't wait to read is A Little Life...it's been long listed for the Man Booker Prize. p.s. cute profile pic. Good to get them started young :)

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (seren-lucy) | 1147 comments Erica wrote: "The book that I can't wait to read is A Little Life...it's been long listed for the Man Booker Prize. p.s. cute profile pic. Good to get them started young :)"

Thanks, Erica. I'll look it up.
Agree. Only 16 weeks old and already so in love with books. He now leans forward and touches the pages and talks away as I read to him. Melts my heart.

message 4: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 1575 comments Hi Angie, good to see you back. Love the new pic.☺

The book I've most recently really enjoyed, and still talking about, is A Man Called Ove. I really got involved in it. I recommended it to a couple of colleagues at work who have both loved it too.

Another newish one that's been recommended to me but I've not managed to get hold of it yet is The Dress Shop of Dreams.

A new HF with a bit of a difference that came through on the new books list as having just been released is Villa America
\
That should get you started!

Must go, got a webinar I have to be up at 2am for -10am US time - and they aren't recording it for the 'out of towners' which is a pest.