Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Archive > August's 2015 Thread of Fear by Laura Griffin

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Forensic artist Fiona Glass is the best in the business -- which is precisely why she's quitting. Her skill at mining victims' memories to re-create the faces of sadistic criminals has left her haunted and wary, and only Jack Bowman's dogged persistence convinces her to help him. The rugged police chief is hunting a serial killer who's targeting teenage girls. But what seems like a simple assignment is fraught with complications, including a searing attraction to Jack that's tempting Fiona to let her guard down in potentially dangerous ways.
Jack never intended for Fiona to become so deeply involved in the case -- or in his life. But every instinct tells him she's his best hope for finding a psychopath who's lurking in plain sight, growing more ruthless with each passing day. And now that Fiona is right in the killer's crosshairs, the only way to keep her safe is to unravel a small town's darkest secrets, one terrifying thread at a time....

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I am not going to get to this book for at least a week. Library books are stacking up on my Kindle.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments No problem you have all month to read the book. I was at the library today and totally forgot to get it. I will put it on order tonight.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy | 837 comments I am about 2/3 of the way through the book and I am really enjoying it. This is my first Laura Griffin book and I will definitely be reading more from her. Thread of Fear is the first book in The Glass Sisters series, so I put myself on the reserve list for Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2) by Laura Griffin which is the 2nd book.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I just got it from the library so give me a few days. I am in the middle of another book. I will start it ASAP.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy | 837 comments There's no hurry, Dee. I'm just excited about finding a new author that I like.

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I nominate Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2) by Laura Griffin for next months Guest Author and Book. I would love to see how Fiona's sister finally gets her act together. and these books really look like they should be read in order.

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy | 837 comments Anita wrote: "I nominate Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2) by Laura Griffin for next months Guest Author and Book. I would love to see how Fiona's sister finally gets her act together. and these books really look like they..."
I second the nomination. I finished Thread of Fear this morning and read the introductory excerpt for Whisper of Warning. Can't wait to get the book.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I am looking forward to this book. I started listening to Prey so give me another day or two.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments OMG! I just started reading Thread of Fear this morning, and I am half way through it. I can't believe how good this book is! I third the nomination for Whisper, I want to read all her books.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments This is a re-read for me and I love it the second time around as well. She is now one of my favorite authors.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I haven't read her before and when I checked the library on Thread and Whisper were there. They had the others before, but if they are not borrowed within a year they get rid of them, so now I am looking for her name in used book stores. I agree she may be my new favorite.

message 13: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) I hate it when libraries get rid of books by authors who are new to me, usually recommended because they are GOOD reads! Hope you find the Laura Griffin books. These two are re-reads for me, since I started the series that follows and needed to go back to refresh my memory!

message 14: by Anita (last edited Sep 17, 2015 06:16PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments What you have experienced is proof that the physical book is doomed. Two years ago I would have denied vehemently that I would get rid of my print library, and here today, they are almost all gone. I am totally e-book. We had a discussion on another chat group about a for fee e-library, but I don't remember what the site is. That is definitely the way things are going. I am so blessed that Los Angeles City Library has such a wonderful collection of romance and romantic-suspense and, so far, they have bought every author I have recommended.

message 15: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) I hope this isn't the case, Anita, since I live in an area where people don't have money to spend on books, print or otherwise. An e-reader was not a big hit to my budget, but it would have been some decades ago.

Of course, I don't have a solution for the problem -- just the lament :(

message 16: by Dee (last edited Sep 17, 2015 10:27PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments My library has many e-books. They are free. Unfortunately my kindle is really old and I can't get the books from the library. At any rate, I still prefer having a book in my hands then my Kindle. I admit there are some advantage to the Kindle then a book like being able to find the definition of a word right away, but I am still a fan of a book in my hand.

As far as The Laura Griffin books I can't find them on an e book either. This is both in Phoenix and Glendale (both are really big cities)

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I did a lot of research on the different Libraries e-collections and am really lucky that I can get just about anything through the City of Los Angeles Library system. I don't even live in the City of Los Angeles.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments That is really cool, Anita. I know I can get books from all over the US. Again I haven't tried e-books because of my kindle. I have to break down and buy a new one, or perhaps a kindle fire. I just keep thinking I need something else more.

message 19: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. You can't read outside with a Fire, but it is in color, more like an I-Pad, you can easily connect to the internet and download movies and games. Two of my grandkids have them. When we travel, they have their own entertainment centers.

message 20: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) Anita wrote: "I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. You can't read outside with a Fire, but it is in color, more like an I-Pad, you can easily connect to the internet and download movies and games. Two of ..."

I love my Kindle Paperwhite also!

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments I have a google Nexus and when I first got it I loved it...now after updates to the Kindle App and the Nexus operating system it's extremely sluggish and I keep getting "Kindle is not responding". Ugh!

message 22: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I think that sometimes they try to pack too much in these little devices so all the functions suffer. My daughter does everything on her I-phone and it works for her.

message 23: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments I started Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2) by Laura Griffin last night and absolutely could not put it down. I'm halfway through it.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments Anita wrote: "I started Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2) by Laura Griffin last night and absolutely could not put it down. I'm halfway through it."

That's the way I am with her books...I can't put them down once I start...