Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > Unique Fun Opportunity

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.L. (new)

C.L. (clrivers) I hope that group members will be able to find this post. After meeting (virtually) with several of you and reading your material, I have found several of you to be quite humorous and fun. I am putting together a group who may be interested in submitting a piece or two (short stories, poems) to be placed into a free anthology that would basically introduce readers to you and your broader works.

So, what is in it for me? Work. I have a small indie press and want to use it to promote indie authors. I can edit, illustrate, design, format and all the other stuff --- but I want to promote YOU. Yep, for free. Why? Because a lot of MY fans/readers don't realize that I write funny stuff in addition to my daily journalism and serious fiction.

This could be a fun way to expose your work in a new format. If you are interested, or want to talk...just comment below or send me an email at threeriverswriter@yahoo.com or a Goodreads message.

I would love to put this out in October of this year (2015) if there are enough interested parties. I already have 3 authors not in this group ready to go.

Thanks.
Christina C.L. Rivers
http://christinalrivers.WordPress.com/

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Fantastic! I was trying to think of a better place to put this, but I'm drawing a blank. If I thought I could kickstart my brain, I'd be all over this. Who knows? I might wake up with an idea tomorrow. Thanks for the opportunity!

message 3: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Exactly Christina. I will have to see what I can come up with.

message 4: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Entis | 43 comments C.L. wrote: "I hope that group members will be able to find this post. After meeting (virtually) with several of you and reading your material, I have found several of you to be quite humorous and fun. I am p..."

I might be interested in participating. Please have a look at my blog posts (PromptProse.blogspot.com) and let me know if any of these are the type of stories you are thinking of including in an anthology.

message 5: by C.L. (new)

C.L. (clrivers) Phyllis,
Yes, small pieces are perfect. Here is one I recently wrote on my site-

https://christinalrivers.wordpress.co...

Use the navigation to see pages 2,3 and 4...then there is a part two.

you can tell me what you think

Bill Jacks, author of "Confederate Chipmunks & Carny Cooter" has expressed interest as well.

message 6: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Entis | 43 comments C.L. wrote: "Phyllis,
Yes, small pieces are perfect. Here is one I recently wrote on my site-

https://christinalrivers.wordpress.co...

Use the navigation to see pages 2,3 and 4...th..."

I think I'm glad I don't have a lawn to mow! Please keep e posted. This could be an interesting project.

message 7: by C.L. (new)

C.L. (clrivers) Garnering a ton of contacts tonight, so will keep you informed. Comics, art, poems are acceptable as well.