Perustopia Book Club discussion

AUGUST BOOK OF THE MONTH!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Alsberg (sashaalsberg) | 29 comments Mod
Hey everybody!! Who's gotten Rook by Sharon Cameron yet?! If so, have you started reading it and how are you liking it? I am planning to read it next week so i'll keep you updated on my progress =)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (bookswithabrunette) | 10 comments I'm going to finish The Fifth Wave sometime this week and go to the bookstore and buy it!

message 3: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie (kenziepassmore) | 1 comments Will definitely start it after I finish The Dream Thieves! =)

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ibarra | 5 comments I'll try to read it sometime later this month! :3

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ibarra | 5 comments I'll try to read it sometime later this month! :3

message 6: by ValeS (new)

ValeS (valerias) | 6 comments I'm going to finish Ruby Red and after that I'll start Rook!:)

message 7: by Nele (new)

Nele | 6 comments I'm reading Harry Potter and think I'm going to read Rook next week as well. If I can get my hands on it because I live in Germany but I already saw that amazon has it

message 8: by Nele (new)

Nele | 6 comments The Diamond trilogy is sooo good @valeria it is the best trilogy I've read so far!

Alexandra Florence | 15 comments I still haven't ordered it, but I will do soon and then I'll start when it arrives!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (luv4books) | 5 comments I just finished reading the first chapter. I like it so far. I am reading some other books at the same time as this one, so I may finish those this week and continue with Rook next week so that I can give it my undivided attention. Lol. Good so far though!

message 11: by Frances (last edited Aug 05, 2015 02:41PM) (new)

Frances (dearlyfrances) I started reading it and so far the beginning was pretty grasping! So far I like it but the writing style is gonna take a while for me to get used to (:

But I am putting it on pause because of the Book-tube-a-thon so i'll give it all my attention next week.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Scriver | 5 comments I'm going to read it once I'm done with A Court of Thorns and Roses! So excited!!

Hannah (FreeInFiction) (freeinfiction) | 11 comments I just finished P. S. I Still Love You, so I might start it soon but I'm not sure. Hopefully by next week :)

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin117) | 2 comments I'm going to get it next week and start reading it :)

message 15: by Blair (new)

Blair Smith (tenorblair) | 5 comments I'm reading Magonia by Maria dhavana headley, and it's sooooo good ! As soon as I'm done I will start on rook(:

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah H. (maron123) | 14 comments I just started I'm not far into it but so far I really like it! I like the writing style a lot and I'm interested to see how the characters will develop throughout the book!

message 17: by Kalissa (new)

Kalissa (kalissa2003) I started rook and it's so amazing so far

message 18: by thebookhuntr (new)

thebookhuntr | 5 comments I am getting in the library and just waiting to get a ride from someone to start but i do need to finish a couple other books b4 i read it. But i have a lot of free time so no doubt ill finish it this month!

message 19: by Jane (new)

Jane (scribblerjane) This book is on my list for next week as well. If I can get through 'The Kiss of Deception' and 'Fairytale Beginnings' this week.

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam | 2 comments I just finished Rook today and I thought it was fantastic! It intrigued me from the first chapter and soon I couldn't put the book down. There were many moments that I was not expecting which made the book that much more enjoyable.

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) Currently reading and loving it.

message 22: by ValeS (new)

ValeS (valerias) | 6 comments Nele wrote: "The Diamond trilogy is sooo good @valeria it is the best trilogy I've read so far!"

Yes, I've read potive comments on that trilogy and for now I'm really enjoying Ruby Red :)

message 23: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (abundanceofkats) Got it on my kindle. I'm planning to start it as soon as the booktube-a-thon is over^^

message 24: by Carli (new)

Carli | 25 comments I got it at the end of last week, I've started it and so far it's amazing! You can't put it down and it leaves you in suspense

message 25: by Aadivah (new)

Aadivah (aadivah-is-awesome) I'm gonna read it as soon as I finish An Ember In The Ashes.

message 26: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Hammett | 15 comments I'm about 250 pages through it so far and I really like how the characters have developed and the interaction each of them has with each other. I am hoping to be finished with it by the end of the week but am reading it along side the name of the wind so we shall see if I get it done by Sunday or not

message 27: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Kamran (ambrinsworld) | 15 comments Ive just finished The Heart of Betrayal by Mary.E.Pearson, hopefully I can finally start reading Rook tonight.

message 28: by sanah (new)

sanah Finished Outlander last night. In fact, I just returned from the library to pick up Rook a few minutes ago!

message 29: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'm in the process of reading Paper Towns, so once I finish that, I'll be starting it. :)

message 30: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Nestico | 4 comments I'm starting it tomorrow! I just finished reading Cinder and book 3 in The Series of Unfortunate Events. So now I can start Rook!! I'm super excited!!!

message 31: by Linda (new)

Linda Miller Still waiting for my copy to arrive. I will start it as soon as it arrives.

message 32: by Vevve (new)

Vevve | 6 comments ordered my rook book last week so its on its way, meantime im gonna finish memoirs of a teenage amnesiac and how to train your dragon. hopefully ive got my hands on rook after finishing those 2. uvu.

message 33: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Harris (dharris0253) | 16 comments will definitly get my hands on it in a few days maybe tomorrow

message 34: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (booksforcat) | 38 comments I haven't gotten it yet!! I need to pick it up and start it in the next week or so

message 35: by Rachele (new)

Rachele (littlelovedbooks) I have it and I'll probably start it after booktube-a-thon!

message 36: by Cailey (new)

Cailey (caileytay) I already finished it! I am excited to hear what all of you guys think about it.

message 37: by Mahala 🦋 (new)

Mahala 🦋 Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments Starting Chapter two right now!!

message 38: by Mahala 🦋 (last edited Aug 06, 2015 03:13AM) (new)

Mahala 🦋 Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments I'm only on page 20 and I already simultaneously love and hate Rene so much. This is perfect... kinda reminds me of The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Less formal than that though but idk it s the same arranged marriage vibe I'm getting I think

message 39: by Mahra (new)

Mahra (passionist) | 92 comments i will be picking it up this saturday, i cant wait till i get my hands on it *v*

message 40: by Kato (new)

Kato (stolenbybooks) (stolenbybooks) I just read the first few chapters and I already think it is amazing!!

message 41: by Eri (new)

Eri (creativetalent88) I just received it in the mail and just started. The book is gorgeous and it grabbed me on page one.

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I hope it arrives in the mail tomorrow! Probably going to combinate Rook with the Booktubeathon as "the book you bought most recently", though. Which means I (hopefully) will start it in a few days :)

message 43: by Tnia (new)

Tnia | 8 comments I recently downloaded Rook to read it as an e book, but realized that there are books (Cinder and The Wrath and Dawn) I need to finish before college starts soon. Unfortunately, I'll have to join in next month!

message 44: by Anamaria (new)

Anamaria Frances wrote: "I started reading it and so far the beginning was pretty grasping! So far I like it but the writing style is gonna take a while for me to get used to (:

But I am putting it on pause because of the..."

What type of writing style does it have? I have yet to get my hands on it!

HappyElephantBooks | 3 comments TBR after I finish the wrath and the dawn! :)

HappyElephantBooks | 3 comments TBR after I finish the wrath and the dawn! :)

message 47: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Rieflin | 9 comments Almost finished with it. I became much more engaged with the storyline about half way through. Now I'm rushing to finish! The writing style was very difficult to get used to at first. She uses passive sentences like their going out of style! Love the world she built here, though.

message 48: by Ramsha (new)

Ramsha Razzak | 10 comments I am done with 10 chapters of it and so far its amazing :)

message 49: by Thalia (new)

Thalia Brooke (thaliabrooke) | 18 comments just finishing finale than starting ROOK! just picked it up okay

message 50: by Thalia (new)

Thalia Brooke (thaliabrooke) | 18 comments today* can't wait !

« previous 1