UB Libraries Book Group discussion

August 2015 > Choosing new books Fall 2015-Spring 2016

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kath (new)

Kath | 206 comments Mod
hey All --
As a follow up to the July email discussion about how we will choose books going forward, it appears that everyone was comfortable with having people volunteer to select a book and lead the discussion. We have September already scheduled but will need eight volunteers to get us from October through June (with December off). Marlies has already volunteered and I will definitely do one month; selection not yet determined. That leaves six spots open!

How about people add comments to this discussion if they are willing to be a selector; include a title if you have one in mind already and a preferred month that works best for you. Thanks in advance for your participation!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy I can do January or February. Here's the book: The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley.

However! If someone who hasn't had a chance to moderate yet wishes to do so, I can give up my spot. No worries!

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 225 comments I can do The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline in either January or February (whichever Amy doesn't want).

Unless too many have already read it?

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath | 206 comments Mod
I'm thinking of doing Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger (and also hope most have not read it yet); if so, I have some back ups in mind. I am happy to do October or November. I haven't read any of those suggested so far.

message 5: by Rena (new)

Rena | 50 comments How do people feel about Go Set a Watchman? I just finished it and think it might make for interesting discussion. October? I'd be glad to lead the discussion.

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 225 comments I'm interested in reading Go Set a Watchman and also think it'd be a good book for discussion.

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath | 206 comments Mod
I had been on the fence about Go Set a Watchman but also imagine it will be a good book for discussion and would like to read it.

message 8: by Marlies (new)

Marlies Borzynski | 62 comments I'm also interested in Go Set a Watchman. All the books suggested sound great. I'm still not sure which book I'm going to do "Secret Daughter" or A Tale for the Time Being" but I can do lead the discussion whatever month is open, I'm not picky

message 9: by Rena (new)

Rena | 50 comments I didn't read Kath's message carefully enough to see that you want either Oct or Nov. Either works fine for me also so let me know. I only suggested October in the hope that I might remember what I read!

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky | 142 comments All sounds good to me. Still contemplating choices. :-)

message 11: by Kath (new)

Kath | 206 comments Mod
Rena, you should do October and I'll do November. :)

message 12: by Rena (new)

Rena | 50 comments OK, if everyone is good with this, I'll do "Go Set a Watchman" in October.

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky | 142 comments Sounds good to me. :-)