Oakville Reads discussion

CONTEST #3 > Summer ARC giveaway

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Need one last late-summer read? Or, looking ahead to some serious fall reading? Let us know which ARC you most covet below and you will automatically be entered in the draw to win. Deadline for entry is August 16th.

The Hesitation Cut by Giles Blunt The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood We That Are Left by Clare Clark This is Happy by Camilla Gibb Long Change by Don Gillmor Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson The Natural World of Winnie-the-Pooh A Walk Through the Forest that Inspired the Hundred Acre Wood by Kathryn Aalto Purity by Jonathan Franzen Undermajordomo Minor by Patrick deWitt

message 2: by Maureen (new)

Maureen B. | 212 comments Jenny Lawson is one of the funniest women I've read in a long time. There's some really worthy books here but I am such of fan of hers. Here's hoping! :-)

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 130 comments In the spirit of summer reading, I think that Clare Clark's book We That Are Left would be a good diversion. As a Downton Abbey fan, I would enjoy reading this on a lounge chair in the back yard.

(It was a tough choice as Don Gilmour's Long Change also sounded very good.)

message 4: by Charity (new)

Charity (calgovin) | 8 comments Furiously Happy looks really good. I've not read her before, but I would love to start.

message 5: by Lindy (new)

Lindy McAllister | 20 comments The Hesitation Cut by Giles Blunt

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 30 comments I echo what Charity said - Furiously Happy looks like a good place to start reading this author. We can all use more funny in our lives. :)

message 7: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley | 5 comments Oakville wrote: "Need one last late-summer read? Or, looking ahead to some serious fall reading? Let us know which ARC you most covet below and you will automatically be entered in the draw to win. Deadline for ent..."
I loved Camilla Gibb's Sweetness in the Belly so I'll pick This is Happy.

message 8: by Rocio (new)

Rocio (rociofarrell) | 64 comments Oakville wrote: "Need one last late-summer read? Or, looking ahead to some serious fall reading? Let us know which ARC you most covet below and you will automatically be entered in the draw to win. Deadline for ent..."

They all seem very interesting, but Purity seems such an interesting story for the geographical places where it takes place and also for the contemporary subjects.

message 9: by Claudia (new)

Claudia  | 6 comments Rocio wrote: "Oakville wrote: "Need one last late-summer read? Or, looking ahead to some serious fall reading? Let us know which ARC you most covet below and you will automatically be entered in the draw to win..."

I like Margaret Atwood's book but Furiously Happy sounds interesting, I think it's difficult to find humour in depression and anxiety..I'm interesting what she can do with this!

message 10: by Charity (new)

Charity (calgovin) | 8 comments Hmmm, maybe I should change my pick to Undermajordomo Minor (everyone is looking at the Furiously Happy, perhaps a future Oakville Reads book?)

:)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you all for your responses! Yes, it does seem that many of you are interested in the Jenny Lawson book. We are currently working on getting a second ARC copy of it, so if that was your pick, please stay tuned.

For those who chose something else, congratulations on getting your #1 pick. We will be contacting each of you in the next day or two to arrange a pick-up location of your book.