Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Living Biographies of Great Philosophers
Book Issues > Anyone courageous enough for some untangling?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments Henry Thomas (né Schnittkind) was successful in the 1940s and early 1950s in a series of popularizing biographical sketches, all beginning with Living Biographies of ... Most, but not all of these were co-authored by Dana Lee Thomas (Henry's son, I think), and illustrated by Grant Ross. The entry for the book linked above reveals a problem: clicking on "all editions" lists several editions of this title, but also of another title, Living Biographies of Great Scientists. I suspect similar problems exist with other titles in the series, but haven't checked yet. I'd take it on, since I read many of these as a youth, but am still waiting for Librarian privileges (requested three months ago). Any brave soul want to take it on?

message 2: by Alma Q (new)

Alma Q (staticatku) | 555 comments Anytime.

"I'd take it on, since I read many of these as a youth, but am still waiting for Librarian privileges (requested three months ago)."

Maybe apply again? :-)

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments Well I also have a request to claim my author profile for two months as well, so I'd like to get that cleared up before I contact support about my librarian privileges.

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments Scylla wrote: "Anytime.

"I'd take it on, since I read many of these as a youth, but am still waiting for Librarian privileges (requested three months ago)."

Maybe apply again? :-)"

By "Anytime", I take it you'd be willing to try it. I'll look to see which books I still own and compare the details against listings I find. Otherwise I'll put them in a comment in this thread.

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments Henry wrote: "Well I also have a request to claim my author profile for two months as well, so I'd like to get that cleared up before I contact support about my librarian privileges."

Well, what do you know? "Goodreads Author" just turned up on my profile with no warning. Cool. Now I'll look into that librarian thing. Thanks for the encouragement, Scylla.

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments I see that Henry Thomas has an author's page at the Library of Congress: http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n...

Henry Sturcke | 405 comments And I found Henry's obituary in the NY Times, Dec. 26, 1970 (he died the previous day). Dana Lee Thomas was his son.