Into the Forest discussion

Kate Forsyth
This topic is about Kate Forsyth
Original Fairy Tales > Kate Forsyth Recommends

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (last edited Aug 05, 2015 07:32AM) (new)

Margaret | 3489 comments Mod
Here's a list of 7 academic fairy tale studies that Kate Forsyth--the author of our group read Bitter Greens--recommends. And our current group read From the Beast to the Blonde: On Fairy Tales and Their Tellers is also on the list!

I've read 2 of these, and own 3 others, but I'd never heard of The Witch Must Die: The Hidden Meaning of Fairy Tales or Grimms' Bad Girls And Bold Boys: The Moral And Social Vision Of The Tales.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret wrote: "Here's a list of 7 academic fairy tale studies that Kate Forsyth--the author of our group read Bitter Greens--recommends. And our current group read [book:From the Beast to the Blon..."

Hmm, must've copied the link wrong. Here it is again: http://www.kateforsyth.com.au/kates-b...

message 3: by Zanna (new)

Zanna (zannastar) | 245 comments Thanks for posting Margaret! This reminded me that I should really try to read Bitter Greens haha

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 829 comments Zanna wrote: "Thanks for posting Margaret! This reminded me that I should really try to read Bitter Greens haha" Me too.

Thanks Margaret.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

You're welcome! Looked like some good books:)

message 6: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 2125 comments Mod
This sounds like a great list. I've heard of several but haven't read any of them.

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (flying_monkeys) | 1009 comments Margaret, great list! I'd heard of a few but haven't read any of them yet. Thank you! I've often been accused of being an overthinker and an overanalyzer - which is intended as an insult; however, I choose to hear it as a compliment; after all, I'd rather overthink something than underthink it or not think at all ;) - so I LOVE to read fairy tale studies.

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Leah wrote: "Margaret, great list! I'd heard of a few but haven't read any of them yet. Thank you! I've often been accused of being an overthinker and an overanalyzer - which is intended as an insult; however, ..."

Haha, I'm similar.