Books for Life discussion

YA Novels > If you consider yourself older than those who usually read YA, why do you read it?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Ruckman (tracy_ruckman) | 49 comments Mod
Is there an "age limit" for YA Novels?

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 13 comments No age limit. I love YA Novels usually. I think I like them because it's the age where people typically experience and change the most but I couldn't really say for sure.

message 3: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 13 comments There's also more room for their mistakes and growth as they are younger. When older people do foolish things, it's less excusable.

message 4: by Carol Childers (new)

Carol Childers | 5 comments I find them interesting. Some of them give me insight into what teens are thinking and some are just fun. I want to know what teens are reading. They are surprised when I've read some of the same books that they've read. I like discussing books with teens and hearing what they think about the books.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Carol Childers wrote: "I find them interesting. Some of them give me insight into what teens are thinking and some are just fun. I want to know what teens are reading. They are surprised when I've read some of the same b..."

I still remember some of the books I read as a teen - some of them had great impact on me. Some of those were recommended to me by librarians, too! Thanks for what you do, Carol.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

SparksofEmber wrote: "There's also more room for their mistakes and growth as they are younger. When older people do foolish things, it's less excusable."

Such a valid point!