Books for Life discussion

General > Readers Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Ruckman (tracy_ruckman) | 49 comments Mod
Tell us a bit about you. Where are you from? What do you like to read?

message 2: by Carol Childers (new)

Carol Childers | 5 comments I'm from Northeast Ohio. I am a middle school and high school librarian so I read mostly YA books from the school library. I like to read most anything. Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Arduini (juliearduini) | 56 comments Carol, stay tuned to Cynthia Toney's work. It is YA. And welcome!

message 4: by Kandie (new)

Kandie | 2 comments Hello everyone!
I am a Washington, D.C. native but now living in Germany. Reading is one of my favorite past time activities. It is truly a passion of mine to be able to sit down and get lost in the world of someone else's imagination (or reality). I don't really have a favorite genre considering I will read almost anything as long as it is enough to keep my interest, intelligent, and cleverly written. Nice to meet you all!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Arduini (juliearduini) | 56 comments Welcome, Kandie! We're so glad you're here.

message 6: by Pat (new)

Pat Dyer (goodreadscompat_dyer) | 9 comments Mod
Kandie wrote: "Hello everyone!
I am a Washington, D.C. native but now living in Germany. Reading is one of my favorite past time activities. It is truly a passion of mine to be able to sit down and get lost in ..."

Carol Childers wrote: "I'm from Northeast Ohio. I am a middle school and high school librarian so I read mostly YA books from the school library. I like to read most anything. Historical fiction is one of my favorite gen..."

Welcome to the discussion group, Carol. I like historical fiction as well. I'm actually working on a YA book set in the 1960's.

message 7: by Pat (new)

Pat Dyer (goodreadscompat_dyer) | 9 comments Mod
Kandie wrote: "Hello everyone!
I am a Washington, D.C. native but now living in Germany. Reading is one of my favorite past time activities. It is truly a passion of mine to be able to sit down and get lost in ..."

Welcome to the discussion group, Kandie. I so loved visiting D.C. and wished I could spend more time there. SO much to see and experience!

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Hi, Sara! It's great meeting you here. Look forward to getting to know you.

message 9: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Franklin | 5 comments Hi, I'm Darlene. I'm a writer, which means I'm also a voracious reader. I live in a nursing home in Oklahoma, a couple of miles away from my son's family. I still write and read, do word searches, watch TV, go to therapy and exercise, occasional social activities. . .and those rare outings. :)

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiattoney) | 29 comments Mod
Hello, Darlene! Looks like you'd have a lot to add to our discussions. Thank you for coming aboard.

message 11: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Franklin | 5 comments Looking forward to it!

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Darlene wrote: "Hi, I'm Darlene. I'm a writer, which means I'm also a voracious reader. I live in a nursing home in Oklahoma, a couple of miles away from my son's family. I still write and read, do word searches, ..."

Hey there! It's so great to see you here!

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol McClain | 1 comments I'm Carol--a former Yankee now living the Southern life in the beautiful Cumberland Mountains of Tennessee. I write women's fiction, but I love to read most anything. I'm currently hooked on The Girl on the Train.

I'm relatively unschooled in Goodreads--always late to the party.

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiattoney) | 29 comments Mod
You're not alone in that, Carol. I'm slow to get on board new means of communicating about books, preferring to wait for others to test it first! Luckily there are many who enjoy that. Thanks for joining us.