2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Melissa's Reading Plan - August 2015

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Sep 01, 2015 08:44AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments August reading plan
The Everafter War by Michael Buckley (The Sisters Grimm #7)
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward (BDB #5)
Of Enemies and Endings by Shelby Bach (Everafter School #4)
White Night by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files #9)
Off The Grid by P.J. Tracy (Monkeewrench #6)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm, #7) by Michael Buckley Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Of Enemies and Endings (The Ever Afters #4) by Shelby Bach White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher Off the Grid (Monkeewrench, #6) by P.J. Tracy Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil A Savannah Story by John Berendt

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments I'm hoping to continue Karin Slaughter's Grant County series this month since I should finish the Monkeewrench series. Next book up in that series for me is #3 - A Faint Cold Fear.

A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3) by Karin Slaughter

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10520 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "I'm hoping to continue Karin Slaughter's Grant County series this month since I should finish the Monkeewrench series. Next book up in that series for me is #3 - A Faint Cold Fear.
[bookcover:A Fa..."

I just finished that book and it wrecked me emotionally...again!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments Added to August reading plan: The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani (The School for Good and Evil #3). I think this may be the last in this series.

The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) by Soman Chainani

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments I finished reading Of Enemies and Endings by Shelby Bach - 4 ★. One more series down this year. I am now starting Off The Grid by P.J. Tracy.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Congrats Melissa!

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments Finished reading Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward and loved it. The roller coaster of emotions was unbelievable! Can't wait to start the next one.
I'm now starting Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. I tried reading it a few years ago and couldn't get into it. Hopefully the second try works out better.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "Finished reading Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward and loved it. The roller coaster of emotions was unbelievable! Can't wait to start the next one.
I'm now starting Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil..."

I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Savannah Story years ago and remember being slowed down by his tendency to be overly descriptive prior to the mystery. If you can hang in there, it gets better but it's about halfway. He did make me fall for Savannah, though.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments Thanks for the information, Jonetta. I'll try to stick it out this time.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4082 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "I'm now starting Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. I tried reading it a few years ago and couldn't get into it. Hopefully the second try works out better. "

I haven't read it but the movie is fantastic.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, I agree! Loved the movie.