Grimdark Fantasy discussion

Random Discussions > Pray for Scott Lynch

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) http://scottlynch.us/blog/2015/08/05/...

Let us hope he gets better.

message 2: by Chompa, Founding Father (new)

Chompa | 477 comments Mod
Dang. I feel for the guy.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (bruyere) That's so sad. Wil Wheaton has written a lot about his anxiety.

message 4: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina (dark_heart) Oh no! I didn't know Lynch suffers from anxiety attacks. I hope he'll get better soon.

message 5: by Sweven (new)

Sweven Not sure if those prayers should be directed towards Nara, Lady of Ubiquitous Maladies, or another of the Twelve, but...anxiety's no fun at all. I hope his fans are supportive and understanding about this. I wonder if he found the assistant he was looking for.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Yikes, anxiety is no fun. Sent up a prayer.

message 7: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina (dark_heart) Argall wrote: "Not sure if those prayers should be directed towards Nara, Lady of Ubiquitous Maladies, or another of the Twelve, but...anxiety's no fun at all. I hope his fans are supportive and understanding abo..."

To be honest, I read the first part where he said that the 4th book is postponed and I was instantly pissed, but then I continued on reading and figured why the book is postponed, and if that is not a proper reason, I don't know what is. He has my complete support and understanding!

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 552 comments Mod
Anxiety is no joke. I would imagine the pressure with his increasing popularity probably doesn't help the matter. Not every writer can be George R R Martin and say you'll get it when I get it and if you make me mad I'll kill off your favorite character haha

message 9: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) http://fantasy-faction.com/2016/confi...

4th book's publication date is delayed again. However, Scott is getting married to Elizabeth Bear. An SFF writer couple, so cool. Congrats to Scott!

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Silvana wrote: "http://fantasy-faction.com/2016/confi...

4th book's publication date is delayed again. However, Scott is getting married to Elizabeth Bear. An SFF writer coup..."

Thanks for the update even if it was disappointing. I'm not mad b/c I can't imagine what goes into it. I can barely adult without writing an amazing fantasy novel! I will get back to patiently waiting!

message 11: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Just received an email from amazon cancelling my preorder. Apparently it was delayed for an undetermined time. Let's just be patient indeed - many stuff to read in between anyway!

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Yes :( It has been delayed several times for me. I was hoping to read it on my break between classes. Last I saw was the September release canceled after the summer one I think. Not sure when it is scheduled to come out next. I'm behind in life so I didn't look as I needed no more distractions.