UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Andrew (last edited Aug 05, 2015 02:56AM) (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Yesterday afternoon, Melanie and I popped into Wandsworth Registry Office with a few close friends and family members. By 3:30 we were back in the flat with the family, demolishing several bottles of reasonably-priced champagne, and a reservoir of Doritos and Bombay Mix.

The full church bit follows in the Dordogne in September, but in the eyes of the law and Facebook, we're now Mr and Mrs Melanie Lawston!

the dead sensible couple...

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments Congratulations! She looks as if she wonders what she's got herself into. Tell her it's something nice. ;)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9082 comments *LIKE*
and many congratulations!

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments Congratulations, Mr Andrew!

She's gawj.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks everyone! She is lovely, and I think she's still wondering what she got herself into. I just hope she's not planning the Story of Her Escape ;)

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments I'm sure she isn't! :)

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments Many congratulations!

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments By the end of the day, she was practising new signatures in the pub :)

Cheers, Will!

message 9: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments So long as it is just a story, tell her to write it down and sell it!

Congratulations! Best wishes to the new Mrs too

message 10: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Congratulations Andrew and Melanie. May your little drabbles turn into mighty novels!

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21882 comments congratulations

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Congratulations, Andrew and Melanie! :)

message 14: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Aug 05, 2015 04:02AM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Wonderful! Many Congratulations to you both.

Wedding cake...

http://ksmoore.com/wp-content/uploads...

message 15: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Why doesn't the second book down have a name?

message 16: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Many congratulations to you both. Best wishes for the future. I'd also wish you all the best for the past, but that seems a little pointless.

message 17: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Congratulations :)

message 18: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks so much, all of you! Mel's long wanted to try her hand at writing, and we're hoping she'll write up some of her story ideas once the wedding upheaval has died down!

And that's an awesome cake, GL!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "Why doesn't the second book down have a name?"

because thats the book of their marriage, and hasn't been written yet....

message 20: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "Why doesn't the second book down have a name?"

because thats the book of their marriage, and hasn't been written yet...."

The bit where we get back from honeymoon and immediately buy a puppy has been written, I think...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments What kind of puppy?

message 22: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments A cocker spaniel! :)

message 23: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Aw yay!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Hope you have a long and happy marriage, Andrew & Melanie!

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
here

message 25: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Aw, thanks Vanessa! Several glasses of fizzy were consumed yesterday! And we have another three bottles we received as presents over the last few days... :)

message 26: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Congratulations, Andrew and Melanie.

message 27: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks David! :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Congrats, Andy!

May your life together overflow with cake and good books.

message 29: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks, Patti! Do I get bacon as well? :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Sorry, no. I don't share bacon.

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments Congratulations, hope you'll both be very happy. What a lovely way to tie the knot.

message 32: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks Lynne, it's amazing that we've finally done it after so much planning and admin over the last year and a bit! And it was worth every minute of preparation, we had an awesome time :)

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments Aw... a'int this grand! Congratulations. All the best for a great golden wedding to come ;)

message 34: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks Anna! Tonight we're going to a pub quiz to continue the celebrations with some local friends.

message 35: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Congratulations Mr and Mrs Lawston, terrific news.

Holly sends big licks and said to tell you she's looking forward to welcoming a new cocker to the group;@)

message 36: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks! And hurray, we're aiming to get a male cocker puppy, and we're going to be calling him Arthur or Galahad, assuming he suits either of those names :)

It's the one post-wedding thing we've given some serious thought...

message 37: by bbbbb (new)

bbbbb bbbbb | 153 comments Ah, that's such a cute pic. Congrats, may you have many happy years together.

Ps cockers are the best!

message 38: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Best wishes to you both, Andrew and Melanie. Hope you rock the pub quiz as well.

message 39: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Congratulations, Andrew. What a beautiful wife.

message 40: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks so much! She is so lovely, and I'm stupidly lucky!

We did... OK in the pub quiz. I think we were about 5 points behind the winning team in the end. We acquitted ourselves with honour, and our friend won a bottle of wine for the table in a knockout round!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I just read that as 5 pints behind.

There are no good quizzes in Barry anymore. Says something about Barry, that.

Doing anything special for your anniversary today, Andy?

message 42: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments No, I was definitely at least a couple of pints ahead...

The quiz is probably so-so at best, but we really like our quizmaster. When he's not around, they used to bring in other quizmasters, but they got so many complaints that now they just cancel the quiz if Rob's not about.

Tonight is a much-needed quiet one! We're talking to a director friend about a cameo in a Christmas show, and eating 'something yummy' (Mel's request).

message 43: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Congratulations!!!

Lovely pic too!!!

message 44: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thank you! People took some lovely pics, but we do like our silly selfie, snapped when the registrar left us in the room for five minutes before the ceremony :)

message 45: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Wow ! CONGRATULATIONS to you both

message 46: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments A belated congratulations to you both Andrew!!! :) Glad you had a lovely day :)

message 47: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments Brilliant news. Very many congratulations both of you. Your smile says it all, Andrew :)

message 48: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Thanks Anita, Claire and Andrew! It was a brilliant, brilliant day, and we're both still buzzing from it :)

message 49: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments And now we're back from the church part of the wedding in the Dordogne, as well as our well-earned honeymoon in Sorrento!

And we've achieved one of our post-wedding tasks... introducing Eccleston Arthur Lawston, who will be coming to live with us on 11 October! :)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

« previous 1