2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Complete Persepolis (Persepolis, #1-4)
This topic is about The Complete Persepolis
. Week 42: Graphic Novel > The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Francesca | 391 comments I read 'The Complete Persepolis' for my graphic novel and absolutely loved it. The illustrations were stunning (to me, at least), I found the fact that it was a memoir in graphic novel format to be intriguing and I thought it worked incredibly well. I learnt a lot about a country and culture other than my own which I always welcome because I am aware of how little I know about a lot of other cultures. It turned out that the history of Iran is one that I was/am completely ignorant of. This graphic novel produced a lot of very strong emotions from me that I think the gorgeous illustrations actually helped to bring out. Over all this was a 5 star read for me and one that I strongly recommend.

message 2: by Jana (new)

Jana I, too, LOVED this book. It was my first introduction to graphic novels. I read it a few years ago.

message 3: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I just finished the 1st book. I was too very interested in learning how the things evolved in Iran as I knew few things about this country. Marji was funny and realistic, and I liked the fact she had an almost normal childhood even if the world collapsed around her. It was nice too to follow a revolutionary familly, it's sad they lost so much freedom over the years, just because of extremists and war.
I'll wait a little before reading the 2nd book, but I'm curious about it.