Emily March Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Clubhouse > Recipes Inspired by Eternity Springs!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Post away! Your version of Eternity Springs favorites, or goodies you'd serve if you worked in one of its restaurants, bakeries, coffee houses, or take-away stops!

message 2: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments I seen a facebook post of an Angelfood cake drizzled with a mango,strawberry, raspberry sauce and fresh cut fruit all around it like slices of fresh geogia peaches, raspberries, strawberries and diced mangos.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jina wrote: "I seen a facebook post of an Angelfood cake drizzled with a mango,strawberry, raspberry sauce and fresh cut fruit all around it like slices of fresh geogia peaches, raspberries, strawberries and di..."
Sounds like a wonderful dessert for summertime in The Yellow Kitchen, don't you think? That reminds me - I have one for a lemon pound cake to die for....I will look that up later!

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments I always thought the Romano Family Italian Cream Cake from DREAMWEAVER TRAIL sounded amazing. Here's the link to the recipe on Emily's blog: http://www.emilymarch.com/blog?pagina...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Chelsea! It sounds amazing.

message 6: by Lola (last edited Aug 10, 2015 12:41PM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Lola's Cowboy Cookies
Ingredients:

+2 cups all-purpose flour
+1 teaspoon baking powder
+1 teaspoon baking soda
+1/2 teaspoon salt
+1 cup butter, softened
+1 cup white sugar
+1 cup packed brown sugar
+2 eggs
+1 teaspoon vanilla extract
+2 cups rolled oats
+1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I don't use choc. chips ,I use jumbo raisins, Hubby likes them better)
+1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

Prep
15 m

Cook
10 m

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets. (I use silicone mats). Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients. Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing. (I make mine really big so the baking time is longer.)

Enjoy!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome!!! Printed!! Thank you!!

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Thank you Lola! Sounds delicious.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think we need a great recipe for Lemon Bars...does anyone have one that they think is the best ever? My college roommate's mom made an icebox version of them that was to die for - but of course at the time, I couldn't do anything more than make ramen noodles and frozen french fries, so I never got her recipe. But before summer is over, I'd love to make some!

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Hi All,
Emily and I are getting ready to do another edition of her free holiday recipe exchange book just in time for HEARTSONG COTTAGE to release on Nov. 3. If you have a dessert recipe you'd like to have included, send it to emily@emilymarch.com by Oct. 3. In case you missed last year's edition, you can find it here: http://www.emilymarch.com/emily-march...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Chelsea wrote: "Hi All,
Emily and I are getting ready to do another edition of her free holiday recipe exchange book just in time for HEARTSONG COTTAGE to release on Nov. 3. If you have a dessert recipe you'd like..."

That's such a great idea - I already know of one I'm going to send out; it's my husband's favorite once-a-year treat. This is really exciting - I think I'll be giving out cookbooks with copies of the books this year!

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Paula wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Hi All,
Emily and I are getting ready to do another edition of her free holiday recipe exchange book just in time for HEARTSONG COTTAGE to release on Nov. 3. If you have a dessert r..."

Great idea Paula! Can't wait for your recipe. I'm trying to decide on one to submit. So fun!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

My recipe box is out on the counter waiting for me to sift through it.

message 14: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments For the holiday recipe exchange does the recipe have to be a dessert? Or what kind of recipes are being looked at to be included in the exchange? Thank you.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina Gibbs

message 15: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Dear Jina,

How is Sarah Faith doing? I have been thinking about you both. Hugs , Lola

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jina wrote: "For the holiday recipe exchange does the recipe have to be a dessert? Or what kind of recipes are being looked at to be included in the exchange? Thank you.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina Gibbs"

I think Emily said she was expanding on the Christmas treats this year, so send what you feel comfortable with!

message 17: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Genna - 2013 RWA Bookseller of the Year (rwa2013bookselleroftheyear) | 8 comments I am thrilled to hear there are going to be new receipes for the cookbook! I personally fell in love with thisxcookbook and it is so attractive and festive. I am looking forward to this years'. I too will be sending in a recipe, which one I am not sure yet.

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Jina wrote: "For the holiday recipe exchange does the recipe have to be a dessert? Or what kind of recipes are being looked at to be included in the exchange? Thank you.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina Gibbs"

We're expanding from just a cookie book this year so all recipes are welcome!

message 19: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Cathy wrote: "I am thrilled to hear there are going to be new receipes for the cookbook! I personally fell in love with thisxcookbook and it is so attractive and festive. I am looking forward to this years'. ..."

I look forward to seeing what you send Cathy!

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula Mosley | 4 comments My Family is German, but for every Holiday dinner they want me to make Spanakorizo.....a Mediterranean Rice and Spinach Side dish......Want to add that to a cookbook?

message 21: by Paula (new)

Paula Mosley | 4 comments SPANAKORIZO
(Greek Rice & Spinach)

• 1⁄3 cup olive oil
1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
2 lbs fresh spinach (rinsed and stems removed)
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water (or use 2 cup each beef broth
1-2 teaspoons Chilli Powder (More if you want more zing)
Palm full of Mediterranean Seasoning.
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup white rice (I use Long Grain)
• fresh lemon juice
• crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Directions
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add in onions and garlic and saute for about 4-5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add in fresh spinach and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
3. Add in tomato sauce and water (or broth) bring to a boil, then season with salt, pepper and spices.
4. Add in rice, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until rice is tender (adding in a little more water if needed).
5. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice, then sprinkle with feta cheese.

message 22: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments We are having breakfast for dinner tonight. I thought I would share the recipe for Sour Cream Pancakes.

SOUR CREAM PANCAKES

1 cup sour cream
7 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Whisk eggs and vanilla and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, add sour cream.
Incorporate dry ingredients into sour cream then add egg mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX. Batter will appear lumpy but that is ok.
Use 1/4 cup measure to pour onto griddle or fry pan over med/low heat. Cook until it begins to bubble, filp and cook to brown other side. (about 1-2 minutes)
Serve with butter and syrup.

These are the best pancakes I have ever tasted. My kids love them so much they want them for dinner.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Great recipes!! Thank you!

message 24: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Linda wrote: "We are having breakfast for dinner tonight. I thought I would share the recipe for Sour Cream Pancakes.

SOUR CREAM PANCAKES

1 cup sour cream
7 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ..."

Linda,
Thanks. I will try these pancakes out. Always looking for recipes to try that are simple.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Melinda wrote: "Linda wrote: "We are having breakfast for dinner tonight. I thought I would share the recipe for Sour Cream Pancakes.

SOUR CREAM PANCAKES

1 cup sour cream
7 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp baking..."

I love breakfast for dinner nights! AND ice cream for dinner nights! LOL

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I've selected about 6 recipes for the cookbook submission, now it's time to narrow them down....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.