Contemporary YA discussion

Since You've Been Gone
This topic is about Since You've Been Gone
Group Reads > Since You’ve Been Gone

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger? Um...

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go skinny-dipping? Wait...what?

1. What did you like best about the book?
2. What did you like the least about the book?
3. Did any characters stand out to you?
4. Would you recommend this book?
5. Were there any lessons learned?
6. If you could ask the author one question what would it be?

Read... discuss and have fun!

Lena | 299 comments Mod
Getting this book this week!

Lena | 299 comments Mod
I'm listening to it now. The story is good, but I'm not feeling a strong connection with the main character. I don't dislike her, I just don't feel like I know her well enough.

Lena | 299 comments Mod
Am I the only one who read this? I ended up really liking it! It was such a great romance--and I'm not a romance fan at all! But Frank was such a great guy, and the slow build of their relationship was refreshing. Plus, I loved all the friendship stuff. Really great read.

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
I'm going to start it next week.

Wendy (wmaresca) I just finished today. I really liked this book. A good book about a girl coming into her own.

message 7: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz  (LizMax) | 15 comments Sounds really good. I'll have to order it.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 251 comments Mod
I finally got around to read this book last year and I loved it. Morgan Matson is now on my favorite contemporary YA authors! The book was funny, sweet and thought provoking. I like the take on Sloane's and Emily's friendship and how Emily came onto her own person during the book while trying to find her friend and accomplish her tasks. The romance was cute and Frank was so likable! Their romance was slowly build and not the insta-love kind and he helped Emily overcome a lot.