YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

[Old Challenges] > ♥Valentines Challenge: February 14 - March 14♥

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Mar 19, 2014 12:11PM) (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Happy Valentines Day!!!

This is the Valentines Challenge! We're all mad about romance (or else why are we in this group?!) so let's go LOVE mad!

In this challenge the aim is to read as many YA or NA Romance books as you can that fit at least one of the following criteria...

♥ The word "LOVE" in the title ♥
♥ The word "HEART" in the title ♥
♥ Heart/s on the cover ♥
♥ Kissing on the cover ♥

Participants will be awarded points for each book depending on how many of those criteria it meets. The participant with the most total points earned by March 14 will be crowned The YA & NA Romance Group CUPID!

cupid photo: cupid cupid.gif

To participate please reply below and update with every qualifying book you read.

Participants:
-------------
1. Kerri Meeting Trouble by Emme Rollins Mirage (Destined, #1) by Ashley Suzanne 2 Points
2. Niharika Love Me If You Dare (Safe Haven, #2) by Kate Laurens Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Lisa De Jong Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2) by Lisa De Jong Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1) by Laura Kaye One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2) by Laura Kaye Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame, #1) by Lexxie Couper A Lot like Love (FBI / US Attorney, #2) by Julie James State of the Heart by Nelton D'Souza 10 Points
3. Ana Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) by Deanna Roy Forever Loved (The Forever Series, #2) by Deanna Roy Twisted Arrangement 2 (Twisted #2) by Mora Early Let Love In (Love, #1) by Melissa Collins Love in Between (Love, #1) by Sandi Lynn Cake by Nicole Reed Ruined (Ruined, #1) by Shelly Pratt Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5) by Katie McGarry Before You Go (Before You Go, #1) by Clare James Let Love Stay (Love, #2) by Melissa Collins 13 Points
4. Andrea Love Love by Beth Michele Tidal by Emily Snow Falling for the Ghost of You by Nicole Christie Trying Not to Love You (Love, #1) by Megan Smith Hard to Love You (Love, #3) by Megan Smith Easy to Love You (Love, #2) by Megan Smith Stinger (A Sign of Love, #3) by Mia Sheridan 9 Points
5. Bookaddicted Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1; Rosemary Beach, #1) by Abbi Glines The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4) by Jennifer Probst Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1) by Amanda Heath 7 Points
6. Kayla
7. Krissy The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1) by Addison Moore The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise The Start of Us (No Regrets, #0.5) by Lauren Blakely Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Heartbeat (Heartbeat, #1) by Faith Sullivan Love Love by Beth Michele Where Love Finds You by Marilyn Grey Untamed Hearts (Beachwood Bay, #1.5) by Melody Grace Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5) by Selena Laurence The Road to Price (Price, #1) by Justine Elvira This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1) by Amanda Heath Lengths (Lengths, #1) by Steph Campbell This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen KISSED by Carla Krae 18 Points
8. Vicki Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Tell Me Why by Sydney Snow 2 Points
9. Sarah My Paper Heart (My Paper Heart, #1) by Magan Vernon The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley 2 Points
10. Hannah
11. Chris Ignite (Ignite, #1) by R.J. Lewis Breathe Me In (Ross Siblings, #2.6) by Cherrie Lynn When I Break (When I Break, #1) by Kendall Ryan Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2) by J. Lynn Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1) by T. Torrest Remember When 2 The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2) by T. Torrest Light Me Up (Ross Siblings, #2.5) by Cherrie Lynn Remember When 3 The Finale (Remember Trilogy, #3) by T. Torrest 8 Points
12. Katrina

message 2: by Kerri (last edited Mar 14, 2014 10:37AM) (new)

Kerri Harris (kizby3) | 119 comments Mod
I'm in =]

A Ride or Die Kind of Love by Chelsea Camaron

Mirage (Destined, #1) by Ashley Suzanne Finished: 13/3 Rating: 2*

Meeting Trouble by Emme Rollins Finished: 25/2 Rating: 5*

message 3: by Niharika (last edited Mar 14, 2014 05:09AM) (new)

Niharika marya (niharikamarya) | 1 comments I like this I want to participate :D
The Book I have read
Love Me If You Dare (Safe Haven, #2) by Kate Laurens Love Me If You Dare 20/2
Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Lisa De Jong Plastic Hearts 23/2
Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2) by Lisa De Jong Glass Hearts24/2
Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1) by Laura Kaye Her Forbidden Hero 25/2
One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2) by Laura Kaye One Night with a Hero25/2
Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame, #1) by Lexxie Couper Love's Rhythm 4/2
A Lot like Love (FBI / US Attorney, #2) by Julie James A Lot like Love12/3
State of the Heart by Nelton D'Souza State of the Heart13/3

message 4: by valeria (last edited Mar 06, 2014 11:45AM) (new)

valeria | 174 comments I'm in :-)
Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher 2/24 *** Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) by Deanna Roy 2/21 **** Forever Loved (The Forever Series, #2) by Deanna Roy 3/3 *** Twisted Arrangement 2 (Twisted #2) by Mora Early 2/18 *** Let Love In (Love, #1) by Melissa Collins 3/2 **** Love in Between (Love, #1) by Sandi Lynn 2/18 **** Cake by Nicole Reed 2/25 **** Ruined (Ruined, #1) by Shelly Pratt 2/19 **** Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry 2/28 ***** Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5) by Katie McGarry 2/28 **** Before You Go (Before You Go, #1) by Clare James 3/3 **** Let Love Stay (Love, #2) by Melissa Collins 3/4 *****

message 5: by Andrea (last edited Mar 06, 2014 06:52AM) (new)

Andrea Pineda (andy2979) | 19 comments im in, im reading right now
Love Love by Beth Michele 17/2
Tidal by Emily Snow 19-2
Falling for the Ghost of You by Nicole Christie 21/2

Trying Not to Love You (Love, #1) by Megan Smith 26/2

Hard to Love You (Love, #3) by Megan Smith 2/28

Easy to Love You (Love, #2) by Megan Smith 2/27

Stinger (A Sign of Love, #3) by Mia Sheridan 3/3

message 6: by Sarra (new)

Sarra (sarrajaballah) | 6 comments I'm IN :))

message 7: by Sarra (last edited Mar 04, 2014 10:00AM) (new)

Sarra (sarrajaballah) | 6 comments These are the books i might read for this challenge. I'll post the date i finish each one:
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1; Rosemary Beach, #1) by Abbi Glines finished 18/02 ****
The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4) by Jennifer Probst 24/02 ***
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot 04/03 ****
Ignite (Explosive, #1) by Tessa Teevan
This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1) by Amanda Heath 20/02 ***

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 26 comments I'm in!!

message 9: by Krissy (last edited Mar 29, 2014 10:35AM) (new)

Krissy | 138 comments ♥ I'm in ♥

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion 2/18 (5*)
Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1) by Addison Moore 2/28 (3*)
The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise 3/2 (3*)
The Start of Us (No Regrets, #0.5) by Lauren Blakely 3/2 (4*)
Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 3/3 (4*)
Heartbeat (Heartbeat, #1) by Faith Sullivan 3/3 (3*)
Love Love by Beth Michele 3/4 (3*)
Where Love Finds You by Marilyn Grey 3/6 (4*)
Untamed Hearts (Beachwood Bay, #1.5) by Melody Grace 3/8 (3*)
Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5) by Selena Laurence 3/8 (4*)
The Road to Price (Price, #1) by Justine Elvira 3/10 (3*)
This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1) by Amanda Heath 3/11 (3*)
Lengths (Lengths, #1) by Steph Campbell 3/12 (3*)
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen 3/13 (4*)
KISSED by Carla Krae 3/14 (4*)

message 10: by Vicki (last edited Feb 14, 2014 11:12PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) I'm in and I'll be starting with Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins and Tell Me Why by Sydney Snow

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) May we use a book we're using for the A-Z Challenge. For example, I plan to read Cross My Heart (Cross My Heart, #1) by Katie Klein and it would fall into both categories.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Yes Vicki, I'm perfectly happy with you using books for more than one challenge.
It's the only way I manage to participate in so many challenges, I get so far behind!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments I'm going to join in too even though I have no chance of being crowned Cupid!

message 14: by Chris (last edited Mar 07, 2014 03:31PM) (new)

Chris | 176 comments This is such a cute challenge that I can't keep from saying I'm in!! I love the idea. I'm hoping to get a few read that meet this challenge and it's just fun to participate!

Ignite (Ignite, #1) by R.J. Lewis 2/20 5* Breathe Me In (Ross Siblings, #2.6) by Cherrie Lynn 3/1 4* When I Break (When I Break, #1) by Kendall Ryan 3/1 4* Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2) by J. Lynn 3/2 4.5* Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1) by T. Torrest 3/4 5* Remember When 2 The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2) by T. Torrest 3/5 5* Light Me Up (Ross Siblings, #2.5) by Cherrie Lynn 3/6/14 5* Remember When 3 The Finale (Remember Trilogy, #3) by T. Torrest 3/7/14 4*

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Glad you like it :)

message 16: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (trina1024) | 1 comments I'm in,

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Hey guys, only 5 days left!
I'll give you until March 16 to update your post to take into account time differences and give you time to post your reads and then I will announce the winner :)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments You all did so amazingly guys, well done!

Our group cupid is unquestionably KRISSY with an incredible 18 points for her choices!

Congratulations Krissy, you did great!

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris | 176 comments Congrats, Krissy!! 18 is impressive!

message 20: by Krissy (last edited Mar 29, 2014 10:35AM) (new)

Krissy | 138 comments Thank you ladies!! This challenge was pretty cool! It helped me get through a lot of those kindle freebies :)