Adelgard Academy discussion

School > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ...

message 2: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline nestled onto a box window seat, happily enjoying the time to herself. She doubted anyone else would come into the library when school hadn't even started yet. The plane ride had been horrible. Right now she needed to calm down from the fight that had escalated so badly that the flight staff needed to be paid off to keep quiet. She still had no idea what had gotten Alfie so worked up. Sometimes he was just like that.

It was a bit cold in the library, but with the sound of rain the combination made her feel like she was at home. She opened the book she had been trying to read for the last three months, but never got the opportunity.

message 3: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Startled, Caroline looked up. She had been so absorbed in her book that she didn't notice anyone come in. She smiled when she saw it was jade,"Oh hey, how are you? I haven't seen you since the July conference in Germany.

message 4: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Oh that's exciting, what were you doing there? I'm okay. A little sad break is over already. "

message 5: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Really? Can I have any hints about what it was for?" That sounded way more interesting than anything she did overt break.

message 6: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline titled her head, looking slightly upward trying to think of who she meant, "Which American? Do they go to school with us?"

message 7: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "I do love Americans. They have a certain charm." She blushed thinking of one in particular.

message 8: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline attempted to hide her crush. "Oh you know, the whole lot of them," she said laughing. The boy she liked in particular was off limits in so many ways. Just being American was bad. There was no way she'd be allowed to date anyone who wasn't British. "Was there anything between you and the spy boy?"

message 9: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Her face turned bright red, almost matching her hair. Having fair skin did nothing to help. "N-No! Of course not." She became very flustered and dropped her book. Ever the smooth princess. "Oh, no my book!"

message 10: by Eml (last edited Feb 16, 2014 05:45PM) (new)

Eml | 485 comments "I don't...I mean...Oh damn it all." She covered her face in embarrassment, not even bothering to get her book. "Please don't tell anyone. Alfie would murder be me. Like literally kill me. He already thinks I stole his crown, I can't have his best friend too."

message 11: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Though she thought it was impossible this only made her blush harder, "Grant has no idea! I doubt he'd even be interested in me..." She hugged her chest, trying to protect herself from the horribleness of it all.

message 12: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "You're very kind. But it's best left alone. Nothing could ever come of it anyway. My country would be furious. And I really couldn't do that to Alfie."

message 13: by Eml (last edited Feb 16, 2014 06:04PM) (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline shook her head, "I'm afraid it's hopeless. I mean, I guess a secret relationship would be rather romantic. But, I don't see how we could hide it for long. Alfie could never find out. Not until he out grows whatever horrid stage he's crawled into. Gossip spreads so quickly here too..." She thought about Princess Isobel getting expelled for having a relationship with Mr. Harrison last year. Speaking of which, she wondered who the knew publicity teacher would be.

message 14: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "How would you take care of him?" Caroline squinted at Jade, "Do you fancy my brother?"

message 15: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline gasped, "Really? But he's such a little snot!" He was only really about a year younger than her, but it felt like decades sometimes.

message 16: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "I dunno. It's not all that great. Sometimes I wish I had the freedom to choose my path. Course, I suppose if he marries you he'll get to become King of France..." She trailed off trying to imagine Alfie in a serious relationship. She just couldn't picture it.

message 17: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "You don't want me talking to Alfie. If he thinks I approve he'll never speak to you again. And I'm still on the fence about letting Grant know. Sorry, I know I'm no fun." She kind of wanted to change the subject, she remembered her earlier trail of thought. "By the way, did you hear what happened to Isobel last year by any chance?"

message 18: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Caroline looked over at the librarian's desk to see if she was paying them any attention. She leaned towards Jade and whispered, "She had an affair with Mr. Harrison!"

message 19: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "I mean on the one hand I can appreciate the irony of our publicist teacher having an affair, but mostly I just think he's an arse. He totally took advantage of her. She was having such a hard time last year. The affair just made things worse. I haven't heard anything from her in months. She had to go into hiding. He got arrested of course...I'm wondering who will replace him."

message 20: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Yeah, it's absolutely dreadful."

message 21: by Eml (last edited Feb 16, 2014 07:06PM) (new)

Eml | 485 comments ((Yeah, he can be in his room))

"Me too." Caroline leaned down and picked up her forgotten book. "It's been lovely chatting, but I should probably go unpack."

message 22: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ((Grant and Alfie don't share a dorm. Alfie shares with his younger brother. And I think so. But I definitely don't want Alfie to know about it yet because he'd have a fit.))

message 23: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ((lol I just posted in it))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimmi walked in. She smiled, no Alec.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Luna followed the other girl into the library, blue eyes widening at how large the room was. She shouldn't have been surprised of course, this school was built on the money of exuberantly rich families. But taking in the vast amount of books still left the blonde almost speechless. "Wow...this is amazing."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"It really is." Alec said, he had fallowed them.

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2014 07:48PM) (new)

"Haven't you had enough stuff thrown at you?" Kimmi was totally prepared to punch him in the face.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Luna tensed at the familiar voice she had heard in the dining hall hours before. She turned to look towards Kimmi, waiting to see how the girl would react.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimmi just glared at him, "Go away and never come back. I never want to see you again!" She had her first clenched.

"I am not gonna do that Kimmi..." He whispered.
"Yes you will, I will get you expelled from this school!"
She turned.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Luna shifted uncomfortably in her position, unsure of exactly what she was meant to do right then. Though the library wasn't particularly full (she wasn't all that surprised), those that were milling about had their full attention on the three. Softly clearing her throat, the blonde lowered her voice so as to only be heard by the other two. "Okay, look... Clearly Kimmi wants nothing to do with you-- Adam, was it?" Of course she knew his actual name, but she wouldn't give him the pleasure of letting him know as much. "So, how about you just go bother some other girl, hm?"

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec glared at her. He knew who she was Luna, Kimmi's new roommate. "Fine." He turned around.
Kimmi knew he wouldn't really leave. "Stay away, for good."

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- Klara entered the library, heading over to a chair and throwing herself luxuriously into it. She pulled out a pocket-sized notebook and began to scribble in it, her words jumbled and messy. Then she closed it, sighed, and breathed in the scent of the books

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Once Alec seemed to be on his way, Luna took hold of Kimmi's hand and gave it a slight tug as if to signal her to follow along. The blonde then began heading further into the library, glancing around at the signs for the appropriate genres. "Let's just pretend that didn't happened, yeah? What section should we look at?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimmi smiled. "Ok, umm Fantasy?" She actully looked at the library now, it was huge.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) A quiet hum fell from the girl's lips, keeping her eyes out for the Fantasy section of the library. Her eyes lit up once her gaze landed on the sign. "Oh! It's over there," she exclaimed with bright smile of her own.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimmi walked over there and gazed at all of the books. She smiled, "I am gonna want to read every single book in here."

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Luna wasn't quite settled on what type of book she would be searching out, but seeing Kimmi smile after what she'd put up with earlier was enough for the moment. She followed the girl towards the book shelves, her blonde locks swishing behind her as she tipped her head back to look all the way up to the top. "Wow... There's so many, I don't even know where to start."

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimmi smiled, "Ok, here's what you do where you are faced with too many books." She paused looked at all of them again.
"You grab a random one and start reading, if you don't like it out it back then grab another one."

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Nodding her head along as the other girl spoke, Luna begin tracing her finger tips along the spines of several books. Most looked like rather modern editions, but the older looking books; the frayed ends of the binding sticking out in every which way, those were the ones that caught her attention most. "Sounds like a good plan to me. Maybe we should pick a few, choose a place to read and just look through each one for a bit."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yea I did that with my mom sometimes, you know when she was actually home."

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Red stained lips curved into the slightest smile, the girl's attention remaining on the books before her. Luna understood; her parents had rarely ever been on home and spending time with them had been rare. It helped her cherish the moments she did have with them. "My mom and I-- She tours a lot, and sometimes during the summer she would take me and my older brother with her; our youngest wasn't old enough," she stated in a rather nostalgic tone. "In every city we went to..my mom and I would sneak away between her rehearsals and check out the book stores and libraries there."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"How old are you brothers?"

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) "The oldest, Todd, is nineteen. And my youngest, Caleb, just turned thirteen last month." Speaking about her brothers brought a soft smile to her lips. Unlike most of her friends, Luna was actually quite close with her siblings; more so with her eldest due to them being closer in age. But all the same...she missed them terribly.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"I wish I have a sibling. It would've entertained me..."

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Entertaining was certainly one word for the two Deveraux boys, but they were far more than that as well. "They're... In all honesty, I don't know where I would be without those idiots," Luna breathed out in a soft tone. Clearing her throat then, she retrieved a couple books from the shelf before turning to the other. "Maybe you can choose your own siblings. You know, have friends that are like family and such."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

She thought about it. "Yeah maybe.Ariel's like my sister."

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- Klara found herself in the library. She loved the welcoming feeling of all the books surrounding her.

message 48: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 87 comments Cassandra explored the library. She had been there before, but she had not seen it for awhile. Cass stopped at a shelf, pulled out a book, and then started to read a random page.

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- Klara looked up seeing a few others. Perhaps she should go introduce herself....She paused for a moment, considering it

message 50: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 87 comments She closed the book after a few pages. She too glanced around for people. Her eyes landed on Klara and she, ever the social one, walked over. "Hello!"

« previous 1