Adelgard Academy discussion

School > Teacher's Lounge

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ...

message 2: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Dr. Norwich arrived at the meeting first as usual. She got up every morning at 4:30 a.m. Went for a run then came back by 5:30 to change and shower. Grabbing a piece of toast and black coffee on her way out by 6. The meeting was at 6:30 a.m. Which was early for the staff. But, punishments needed to be decided before breakfast started.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Though Blyss was a relatively cheerful person, she had never been one for early mornings. She had gotten used to them during her time training as well as when she was an idol but never would they be her favourites. That time right between sunset and sunrise, when the stars were brightest in the sky, was when she felt the most awake. But it couldn't be helped at the moment. Due to all that had taken place during the code blue, Blyss was aware that punishments were needed. As soon as she stepped into the teacher's lounge at 6:25, only five minutes before the meeting, she went about searching out some sort of breakfast. With a bright smile in place, she acknowledged the other woman in the room with a quick nod. "Good morning, Dr. Norwich."

message 4: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Good morning dear. How are you? Did you have any trouble getting in yesterday? Though considering the day's events I imagine having an extra day off would have been preferable."

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) After pulling open one of the cupboards, Blyss was grateful to find an unopened box of granola bars. Turning back to face the older, she replies, "I'm doing great actually. Getting in was a bit...hectic yesterday, but it could've been worse right?" She always tried her best to be optimistic no matter the situation. Tearing open the box, the woman retrieved one of the bars before setting the box back in its place. "Having the day off was pretty nice. I got the chance to get refamiliar with my old stomping grounds. How are you this morning?"

message 6: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Yes, it must be very strange for you to be back here. You looked so nervous the first time you came here. I'm good. Though I'm conflicted about what do with our rotten children."

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments Carson walked in to teacher's lounge, "Sorry. I'm late." Hoping he didn't miss much of the meeting. He took a seat in on of the comfy arm chairs, before flashing a smile over to Blyss, "Can I have one?" he asked, since granola bars where one of his favourite snacks. He always ended up buying a bunch of boxes every time he went to the store.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) "Well, how would you feel if you were sent off to some new school for the first time?" She replied with a childish pout, her lips soon smoothing out into a smile. Blyss looked up just as Carson walked in, offering a bright smile in return when he sat down. She reached back into the cupboard to pull out another bar and made her way towards the couch as well. "Here you go. And you're not too late. Dr. Norwich was just starting to talk about the kids."

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments "Ah," Carson pondered as he happily grabbed the granola bar from her before continuing, and tapping the bottom of his chin, "Are we going to discuss the punishment of the boys and do we know he set off the paint bomb?" He was quick to unwrap his bar, and took a huge bit from it. He wasn't sure who started to fight between Tyson, Alfie, Grant, and Ashton, but he was sure that they all deserve a form of punishment. Whether some cases would be less serious then others depending on their involvement in the situation.

message 10: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "I think I've got someone who can answer that," said Dr. Oxley while walking in with Gabby((I wish I could use Aro too but hardly anyone is coming on anymore)). "Tell us Miss. Solberg, who started the fight. And who was the main culprit of the paint bomb."

Just then Dee ((I'm switching to writing D this way just because it's easier for me to read if that makes any sense)) walked in. "What's your problem dragging that poor sheila out of bed this early Oxley?" He took a seat near Carson.

Oxley tutted,"We need a reliable witness. Now go on, out with it and you can leave."

Gabby took a deep breath. "From what I gathered, Alfie threw the first punch because Tyson instigated him somehow. Grant joined in as usual. Ashton got dragged into the fight, but wasn't actually trying hit anyone. He was trying to stop the fight. As for the paint bomb, princess Zoe threw it. Haruto saw her do it."

message 11: by ♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾ (last edited Mar 09, 2014 10:03PM) (new)

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) While listening to the retelling of the events from the day before, Blyss's eyes widened considerably. She hadn't been around for what had taken place seeing as it was only her first day. She'd gone right to her living quarters when she'd arrived, then went about taking time to reeducated herself about the grounds. Hearing such a thing from the students-- she didn't even know what to make of it. Rather than an expression of anger, she wore one of disappointment. The students were no different than when she had been a student. With a sigh, Blyss spoke up, "The situation could've been a whole lot worse than it was. I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, but we have to consider it was a stressful situation and tensions were already high. Throw that many teenagers in one room and well--" She raised her brow as if to say 'you've already seen the results.'

message 12: by Dudewheresthepie (last edited Mar 09, 2014 10:13PM) (new)

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments ((Aw :( and Its okay :) ))

"Thank you, Gabby," Carson stated as he crossed his leg over the over, leaning back in his chair. He flashed her a approving smile, "For your honesty." He turned to face the rest of his colleagues, "Now that we have settle what had occurred, it's time to talk about punishments. Now going along with what Blyss said, yes the students were in very stressful situations, but if you don't do anything about this behaviour, they we are almost saying that we allow it. Yes, we should of seen this coming, but we also need to punish them, not drastically, but some form of authority should be shown."

message 13: by Eml (last edited Mar 09, 2014 10:32PM) (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Miss.Solberg, you may leave now," said Dr. Norwich.

She did a slight bow and said,"Thank you," before quickly exiting." The last thing she needed was to be held responsible by all the students for the punishments.

Dr. Norwich continued once she left,"Well for starters, someone is going to have to clean the safe room," said Dr. Norwich. To which even Dee nodded his head.

message 14: by ♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾ (last edited Mar 09, 2014 11:21PM) (new)

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Blyss hummed quietly to herself in thought, snapping her fingers when an idea came to mind. "Why not have them, all of them, clean the room together then? From what I heard, Ashton was it? wasn't all that involved so his punishment shouldn't be too severe. Those that caused the most problems, hand them other punishments. But put them in that room, let them think over what they did wrong, and let that be the start of it at least."

message 15: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "So put Ashton, Grant, Alfie, Zoe and Tyson in the same room? No way. They'll kill each other. At the very least Alfie and Tyson need to be separated. And then whatever group Alfie's in, Grant can't be in," said Dee.

message 16: by Dudewheresthepie (last edited Mar 09, 2014 11:35PM) (new)

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments "They can take shifts. Tyson, Grant. And group two, Alfie, Zoe and Ashton," Carson stated as he nodded in agreement with Dee. The boys would need to be separated because firstly, they were the core individuals in the fight, and secondly, Grant, and Alfie were best friends.

message 17: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ((Lol Grant and Alfie aren't siblings. They aren't even from the same country. Grant is American and Alfie is British. It'd be kind of weird for Grant to have feelings for Caroline if they were related))

Dr. Norwich nodded her head,"That should work. Although I think Alfie, Tyson and Zoe should get extra detentions as well. I'm tempted to give some to Grant as well. Do you think any punishments should be give to the rest of the school?"

message 18: by Dudewheresthepie (last edited Mar 09, 2014 11:35PM) (new)

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments ((Right. For I second I thought that they were relation, and Caroline wasn't. Excuse me, for my dumb moment :p editing))

"That sounds good," Carson nodded in agreement, before nonchalantly shrugging, cocking his head to the side as he thought, "As for the rest the school, I'm unsure."

message 19: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments ((It's okay. Totally my fault for being lazy and not separating their character profiles. People have gotten that confused from the start.))

"We'll cancel the first trip to Swindmore." said Dr. Oxley. Swindmore was the local town that could be walked to from Adelgard. Though most of the students took the bus that came once a month for the allowed trips. It was a pretty long walk.

message 20: by Dudewheresthepie (new)

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments "All in favour?" Carson asked, as he raised his hand in agreement to Dr.Oxley. He thought it was a good idea, since he would tell the students they aren't ones to be fooled around with, but also wasn't insanely serious. He didn't want too hard on the students, but they did need to be shown some form of punishment for their actions.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Blyss couldn't help but think back on her time as a student, remembering how big of a thing the very first trip was. She, admittedly, hesitated for a moment. Of course the students needed to be punished-- that wasn't a question. But the entire student body? For the actions of only a handful or so of students? But of course, being a new teacher, it wasn't quite her place to go against it. Heaving a sigh, she slowly raised her hand while casting her gaze towards the floor.

message 22: by Eml (last edited Mar 10, 2014 02:17PM) (new)

Eml | 485 comments Norwich, Nia and Lachlan all raised their hands as well.
"Well, it's settled then. We can go inform the students at the start of breakfast," said Oxley.

Lachlan's eyes gleamed. He turned to Carson, "Wanna go get the old beach chairs and set up camp at the entrance to the Swindmore pathway that Saturday? One of the little buggers is bound to try and walk there."

message 23: by Dudewheresthepie (new)

Dudewheresthepie (supernaturalboitch) | 242 comments "Sounds good, man," Carson responded with a soft chuckled as his eyes flickered over to Lachlan, "We are going to at least of handful going to try and escape."

message 24: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments Lachlan rubbed his hands together while getting up to go to the dining hall. "I'll have them clean and organize my office."

message 25: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 127 comments Andrea walked into the teacher's lunge quietly. Pushing the door open slowly so that it wouldn't creak, and doing the same closing it as well.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) Blyss finally raised her eyes from the floor once the other teachers' tone became a bit playful. It was still a bit odd for her; being on this side of things within the school as opposed to being a student herself. Her smile slowly returned to her lips as the atmosphere seemed a bit lighter, glancing up at the door as yet another colleague entered. "Ah! Question," she exclaimed before raising a hand as if on instinct. "Who will be supervising the students while they're cleaning?"

message 27: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "That's a good question indeed Blyss...Are you volunteering?" asked Dr. Oxley.

♣ ѴĪѴΛĿDĪ  ☽ Oƒƒ ωιтн тнєιя нєα∂ѕ! ☾  (midnightdeluge) In all honesty, that hadn't been Blyss's intentions at all. But she couldn't exactly say that, now could she? And what better way to get to know some of the students, right? "Well, I had my fair share of punishments back in the day so-- Why not? I might be able to understand the kids a bit better."

message 29: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Excellent. Just excellent. Thank you very much. I appreciate your dedication."

message 30: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 127 comments "If necessary, as in... a lot of kids get in trouble and have to clean, I volunteer myself as well, to supervise them." Andrea piped up from behind everyone, shuffling a little so that she could be seen.

message 31: by Eml (new)

Eml | 485 comments "Wonderful, thank you very much Andrea. The two of you can work out scheduling." He glared at Carson and Dee,"The two of you should learn to be a little more like these two ladies."

"Oh whatever Oxley. Let's go get some breakfast." Lachlan walked out of the room. Several other teachers followed him.

message 32: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 127 comments Andrea followed him, smiling at Blyss while following the other teachers out of the room.