so you like YA?! discussion

Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
This topic is about Just One Year
Archives > Just One Year, By: Gayle Forman *Spoilers* Starting Date: March 15

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Ahhh this is going to be awesome!!

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Me too! I actually am buying it this week! I had to wait until I had money to give to my mom lol

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments That would be great to push it back a little cause my book hasn't come yet either and it's up to you guys about chapter amount I'm good for whatever :D

message 4: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Yeah I'm good with pushing it back ;) I have a lot going on this month family wise anyways so I won't be able to get on a lot. 2-3 chapters a day sounds perfect!

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Perfect! :)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Awesome! I'm actually going to email Barnes and Noble tonight and see why it's taking so long to come to my house!

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments So my book will be here by the 15th! :D Soo excited to read this one with you guys! :)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Hey guys! Are we still starting this one on the 15th, or should we push it back again? I'm good either way!

message 9: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I have the book already so whenever you guy wanna start it's fine by me ;) I have a birthday part on the 15th but I should be able to get a few chapters in!

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Tia: Have fun at the birthday party!! Yeah, according to Barnes and Noble online my copy should be here today so I'm good either way as well!!

I'm really excited to read this one, I loved Just One Day!

message 11: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Thanks! It's my brothers and then I have mine next weekend. Ugh so many birthdays in one month! I have like 7 this month alone!

I'm excited too! I loved just one day but when I tried reading this one I couldn't get into it. I hope it turns out ;)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Awwhh that's exciting though!

So... are we starting this tomorrow? Three chapters a day still? :D

message 13: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I'm good with it! ;)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments I'm good with it, I'm really excited to start this! It's going to be so interesting to hear his point of view!

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments You should sprint with Maddison, she was looking for a a sprint buddy! I actually just got mine today too! It finally arrived :D I'm all caught up on betrayed :)

message 16: by Meghan (last edited Mar 16, 2014 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Chapters 1-3

(view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Chapters 4-6

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments I don't know if I can join in??

I'll read the spoilers later.

Greetings.

message 19: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) No I'm here guys!!! Just been a busy weekend with the birthdays and such but I'll catch up I promise!! :)

message 20: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Of course you can join Gina! :D

message 21: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments LittleMissJunior(Tia) wrote: "Of course you can join Gina! :D"

Okay cool, I'll try to read quickly to catch you.

Greetings :)

P.S. Can someone teach me how to do the spoiler link thing??

message 22: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) <.spoiler.>what you want to say<./.spoiler.>

Just take out the periods :)

message 23: by Meghan (last edited Mar 17, 2014 08:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Tia: So happy you haven't left! :)

Hannah: Yeah, I hope Gabby's okay. I haven't heard from her in a while. And I agree! I hope (view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Gina: Of course you can join we have only read the first six chapters and today we're supposed to read 7-9 :)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Chapters 7-9

(view spoiler)

message 26: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I'm sorry for disappearing :/ this month is so hectic you even know

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments It's perfectly okay, at least you're back! :D

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Awesome! Welcome Sia :)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Awwhh that's sad we read the first one a couple months ago :(

message 30: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Meghan wrote: "Gina: Of course you can join we have only read the first six chapters and today we're supposed to read 7-9 :)"

I'll look for my book then :)

Greetings.

message 31: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Hannah wrote: "Glad you are joining Gina! And yay! Glad your back Tia!."

Thanks.

Greetings :)

message 32: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments LittleMissJunior(Tia) wrote: "what you want to say

Just take out the periods :)"

Oh! okay, hopefully I'll get it right :P

Greetings.

message 33: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I'm on chapter 5 right now! I should be caught up before I go to sleep ;)

message 34: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) It's 2 am all caught up! Whoo! I'll post my thought in da mornin ;)

message 35: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Sia wrote: "I just realized that this is the 2nd book and I haven't read the first :/"

Hannah wrote: "Not at all welcome Sia :)"

Oh! I didn't knew this :S

message 36: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 2292 comments Is it okay to skip the first book in order to join with you guys on the second book??

Would I miss something of the first book that I wouldn't be able to get on the second book??

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments I agree Hannah! (view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Gina: That's totally up to you. I think reading Just One Day definitely helps. You don't get everything completely from this book because it's more of a parallel novel not a sequel. But it's up to you, you could do that I guess if you really wanted to read it.

What do you guys think? :)

message 39: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I think the first book helps you understand it better cuz it has the actual day in it.

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments I agree Tia :)

message 41: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) Okay for my thoughts about the reading!
I remember a lot of what happened in these chapters from when I read it before but I didn't recognize anything after like chapter 8 so that's where I'll start I think.

(view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Tia: (view spoiler)

message 43: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) (view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments (view spoiler)

message 45: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments I hope so!

Chapters 10 &11

(view spoiler)

message 47: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Chapter 12

(view spoiler)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Chapter's 13-15

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I still haven't finished today's >.< I'm trying to read them now but I may not get to it until tomorrow

« previous 1