Splintered Fan Club discussion

Individual Character Playlists

Comments Showing 1-50 of 170 (170 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments I'm working on playlists for all the main characters. If you'd like a peek at the boys' music, here's the link:

http://splintered2.blogspot.com/p/mor...

Still working on Alyssa's and her parents'.

message 2: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 198 comments I'm in love with Morph's playlist! It's perfect for an Unhinged re-read XD

message 3: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Booknut wrote: "I'm in love with Morph's playlist! It's perfect for an Unhinged re-read XD"

Hehe! Thank you! Pretty sure you're responsible for at least one or two of those choices? And you're responsible for several on Alyssa's. I just haven't had time to put hers together yet. ;)

message 4: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 198 comments Glad to be of service! *tips top hat*

message 5: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments I appreciate the use of Phildel in Alyssa's playlist!!

message 6: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Harley wrote: "I appreciate the use of Phildel in Alyssa's playlist!!"

Thanks! That's not my playlist for Alyssa, it's a friend of mines. I'll let her know you like it! :)

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments I like them. May I suggest adding some songs by Marianas Trench to Morpheus's playlist though?

message 8: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Katie wrote: "I like them. May I suggest adding some songs by Marianas Trench to Morpheus's playlist though?"

OMGosh, thanks for reminding me Katie! I wanted Ever After on there. Love that song, and it fits Morph's hidden vulnerabilities so perfectly. <3

message 9: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments I suggest adding Opheliac by Emilie Autumn to Alison's playlist

message 10: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Harley wrote: "I suggest adding Opheliac by Emilie Autumn to Alison's playlist"

Great suggestion! When I make Alyssa's I'll be sure to add that one. BTW, LOVE Emilie Autumn. She actually inspired Alyssa's Wonderland outfit in Splintered. ;)

message 11: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments Emilie Autumn's sound is very Wonderland-y.

Another song I suggest for Alyssa is "State of Dreaming" by Marina and the Diamonds

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments A.G. wrote: "Katie wrote: "I like them. May I suggest adding some songs by Marianas Trench to Morpheus's playlist though?"

OMGosh, thanks for reminding me Katie! I wanted Ever After on there. Love that song, a..."

:) You're welcome.

message 13: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments I...
I listen to Japanese music...
I'm sorry X.X

message 14: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Dahanci wrote: "I...
I listen to Japanese music...
I'm sorry X.X"

Haha! It's all good. ;)

message 15: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to enjoy something creepily related to Splintered.
KAITO (the blue-haired dude) is Morpheus, of course, Len (blondie) can be Jeb, even though I imagine Jeb as brunette, and Miku (teal hair) will be Alyssa.

I warn you, this is PG-13. Spoiler includes storyline after you watch video.
I highly recommend watching the video first for the surprise. Also, for hot clone-Morph pics, look up "KAITO" on Google images.
(view spoiler)

I'm sorry.

message 16: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to enjoy something creepily related to Splint..."

Will watch the video soon... But thanks for the warning. *coughs* Also, looked up Kaito and yep, dead ringer. Nice!

message 17: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments I remember telling a friend about Morpheus and his coolness and my friend was like "You think Lawrence Fishburne is a moth?"
I died at her Matrix reference but it was quickly corrected lol.

Personally, Morpheus to me looks a lot like a blue-haired Ben Barnes. His genderbend would be a blue haired Emilie Autumn(lol reverse Emilie Autumn actually because her colour scheme is reds and pinks as opposed to blues and purples)

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to enjoy something creepily r..."

Really? I love Kaito but never made the connection.

message 19: by Sarah Kate (new)

Sarah Kate | 177 comments Harley wrote: "I remember telling a friend about Morpheus and his coolness and my friend was like "You think Lawrence Fishburne is a moth?"
I died at her Matrix reference but it was quickly corrected lol.

Perso..."

HAHAHAHA

message 20: by Sarah Kate (new)

Sarah Kate | 177 comments Booknut wrote: "I'm in love with Morph's playlist! It's perfect for an Unhinged re-read XD"

Yep. I loved Ever After and Cradled in Love. <3

message 21: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to enjoy somethi..."

I....You...
You like VOCALOID?
*faints*
I've been playing Project Diva (FAIL 90% of the time) and using KAITO for all of them. He's so cute...

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Katie wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to enjoy somethi..."

Yeah. Interestingly, my favorite dark and scary song of theirs is Alice Human Sacrifice.

message 23: by ashes (last edited Feb 18, 2014 12:35PM) (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "Katie wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwise, prepare to..."

Ohmygosh I was just thinking about that being Wonderland~

Red Queen=Meiko, to the point where nobody can argue
Morpheus=KAITO, and maybe they're referring to his song owo
(view spoiler) could refer to Miku, because she did kind of (view spoiler)
And... Uh...
(view spoiler) as Rin/Len because once they got pulled into Wonderland, they can't really unattach themselves again.

*sings english version*
A stubborn elder sister,
A witty younger brother,
But they had strayed too far into
Alice's Wonderland...

They were never woken from their terrifying dream. Forever they would wander, in this twisted fairytale!

Gosh, that should be the Splintered theme song...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME
And I'll probably insert a link into this post as soon as I un-lazify my self enough to find it.
Should I use Japanese (All different voices) or English (you can understand it LOL and it's the version I usually think of/sing)?

message 24: by ashes (last edited Feb 18, 2014 08:11PM) (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Okay, Sins series... Uh...
Starting with Envy (Enbizaka no Shitateya/The Tailor Shop on Enbizaka).
I think that might be Taelor, though she didn't go so far as to, IDK (view spoiler)
Now Lust... Right, let's leave that area.
Greed is, coincidentally, KAITO's song, but... 'Judgement of Corruption' doesn't really fit Morpheus, though he has his own twisted definition of what is 'justice'. (The song is about a judge who takes bribes. The official English name is 'Mammon's Court'.)
Gluttony literally fits nobody. I think.
Pride...Oh yes, Pride was Story of Evil, and I'll probably go into that later.
Sloth I didn't even get. I still don't think anyone fits it.
Wrath does not exist. She appears in Marlon's Court as the Guardian of the Hellish Yard. She tells who goes to hell and heaven.

Not in a bad way, this describes A.G., because she's like some kind of Eternal Scribe in the world of Wonderland. Except the good kind ^ ^

message 25: by Harley (new)

Harley (princeharlequin) | 89 comments It's actually Mammon's Court, after the demon of Avarice. I use that song in a playlist for a book series I'm writing based on the Seven Deadly Sins.

message 26: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Harley wrote: "It's actually Mammon's Court, after the demon of Avarice. I use that song in a playlist for a book series I'm writing based on the Seven Deadly Sins."

Wait... But the character is Kyle Marlon for some reason.

I looked back, you're right LOL. I don't know why it's Kyle Marlon 0.o

Maybe the translator I got that from was wrong?

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Katie wrote: "Katie wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwi..."

Yeah, a great theme except that every character meets an unsatisfactory end, usually violent death.

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Katie wrote: "Katie wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "IDK... Okay, here's one I've been waiting to spill for a while. Cantarella. If you hate Japanese or singing synthesizers, leave now. Otherwi..."

Oh, and for a link, I'd recommend Japanese with English subs. It'll sound better, but you'll still be able to understand it.

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Okay, Sins series... Uh...
Starting with Envy (Enbizaka no Shitateya/The Tailor Shop on Enbizaka).
I think that might be Taelor, though she didn't go so far as to, IDK [spoilers removed]
Now Lust....."

I think Gluttony could be the walrus-like creature.

message 30: by ashes (last edited Feb 18, 2014 09:59PM) (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "Okay, Sins series...

I think Gluttony could be the walrus-like creature. "

Of course!
He's perfect owo

message 31: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: That should be the Splintered theme song...

Yeah, a great theme except that every character meets an unsatisfactory end, usually violent death."

They didn't necessarily die. It's not ACTUALLY based on the Alice killings, those are based off the song.
I prefer to think they all just lived in madness, which is really kind of the point of Wonderland owo

message 32: by Katie (last edited Feb 18, 2014 10:32PM) (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: That should be the Splintered theme song...

Yeah, a great theme except that every character meets an unsatisfactory end, usually violent death."

They didn't necessari..."

... huh? In the song it very clearly says that the Blue Alice was shot by a mad-man (very often that man being himself), so at least some of the characters die. Many of the other character's lyrics are interpreted unpleasantly in the videos as well.

message 33: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: That should be the Splintered theme song...

They ..."

Oh, you're right!
But Red is only imprisoned, and Green only has impending death. I kind of see that as paranoia- she's only 16, after all. Probably isn't actually going to die soon, just nuts. And Yellow...
I don't know. Is it really that easy to get into Red's cage? Maybe the creepy stepping sounds are just them walking around aimlessly lost.

But yeah, I see your point.

message 34: by La La (last edited Feb 21, 2014 09:03PM) (new)

La La There was one last request of me from Rabbit on MyLeaky, that I had totally forgotten about, until we were discussing Unhinged last week in the Leaky book club. She wanted you to listen to the band Civil Twilight's song, Letters from the Sky. She said it reminds her of Jeb and Alyssa in the ravine in Splintered. She and Whisper both wanted me to tell you that they will both turn 15 in 2015, and hope to be allowed Goodreads accounts so they can come here and discuss Ensnared. :)

message 35: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "There was one last request of me from Rabbit on MyLeaky, that I had totally forgotten about, until we were discussing Unhinged last week in the Leaky book club. She wanted you to listen to the band..."

Aww, cool! Thanks La La. :) Tell them I love that song! I never listened to it with that in mind so I'll definitely do that now. And I hope they'll get to come over and chat with us then, too! Also, tell them they can post on my author FB wall anytime they like. ;)

message 36: by La La (new)

La La They aren't allowed FB accounts either, so it will be a little bit of a wait for them.

message 37: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "They aren't allowed FB accounts either, so it will be a little bit of a wait for them."

Awww, well I'm impressed with their parents. It's smart to keep them off social media until they're a certain age. You can be our go between until then. LOL

Autumn (Triquetra Reviews) (triquetrareviews) The Morpheus playlist inspired this madness. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

message 39: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "The Morpheus playlist inspired this madness. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb..."

Hmmm. I clicked on it and nothing happened. *sniffles* Could you put up the link again? Pretty please?

Autumn (Triquetra Reviews) (triquetrareviews) A.G. wrote: "Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "The Morpheus playlist inspired this madness. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb..."

Hmmm. I clicked on it and nothing happened...."

Boo!

Maybe this one will work? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "The Morpheus playlist inspired this madness. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb..."

"This content is currently unavailable."

Autumn (Triquetra Reviews) (triquetrareviews) Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne...

message 43: by Sarah Kate (new)

Sarah Kate | 177 comments Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne..."

Nice!

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne..."

I can see it now. Thank you.

Autumn (Triquetra Reviews) (triquetrareviews) Katie wrote: "Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne..."..."

No problem.

message 46: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Katie wrote: "Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne..."..."

Perfect! It's awesome! Hehe. May I post it on the fan art/cosplay board?

Autumn (Triquetra Reviews) (triquetrareviews) A.G. wrote: "Katie wrote: "Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "Oh what in the world.

How about THIS one? lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.ne......"

Eeeeep sure can! <3

message 48: by A.G. (last edited Mar 16, 2014 08:25PM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Saleana (Triquetra Reviews) wrote: "May I post it on the fan art/cosplay board? "

Okay! Here it is: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/21068408...

I put a purplish background behind it if that's okay? ;) Also, if they click on the pic it takes them to your blog.

message 49: by Christina (new)

Christina Tennant | 1 comments I heard and read that Johnny Depp or Jared Leto might be playing him!

message 50: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Christina wrote: "I heard and read that Johnny Depp or Jared Leto might be playing him!"

Hey Christina! Actually, there's not a movie in the works yet. But I'd love for there to be one day. I think Johnny would be too old for Morpheus, although I adore him!

Not sure Jared Leto would be right either, in an actual movie. But there's a very hot picture of him on Morpheus's pin board here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/53951723... :D

I've often thought Ezra Miller would be a great Morpheus, if a movie is ever done. ;) Here's a pic of him: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/53951723...

« previous 1 3 4