What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ancient One (The Adventures of Kate, #2)
This topic is about The Ancient One
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy novel from early/mid 2000s about a girl who falls though a tree and ends up in a magical world [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rikki (new)

Rikki (mangovillain) | 7 comments There was this YA fantasy novel I read about 7 or 8 years ago about this young girl (about 13/14) who had to stay with her grandmother for the summer or something, and she's kind of sullen and quiet and doesn't want to be there, and I think there's a forest or maybe just one tree some guy wants to cut down for some reason and I think the girl falls into the tree and ends up in a magical world she has to save and she's given the gift of tongues by some statues there or something and I remember a scene at the end of a chapter where the dog that is traveling with her speaks, and it was a big deal because earlier a character said that animals only speak when someone is going to die, and it turned out that it was the dog who died...

Also I remember there were these little elf/dwarf characters that would do anything for peppermint candy and they were cute.

message 2: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 247 comments The Ancient One by T A Barron perhaps? I haven't read it, but other people's descriptions sound sort of like what you said.

Debbie (silentrequiem) | 87 comments Seconding The Ancient One.

message 4: by Rikki (new)

Rikki (mangovillain) | 7 comments That was it! Thank you :)