2022 Big Book Challenge discussion

Ana Lu's Big Book Challenge of 2014

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana Luisa (last edited Sep 17, 2014 02:17PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) So far, I intend on reading the following books for this years' challenge. (See next post).

message 2: by Ana Luisa (last edited Dec 16, 2014 01:40PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) 1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - 552 pages
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - 475 pages
3. Harry Potter e a Ordem da Fênix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling - 703 pages
4. Harry Potter e o Enigma do Príncipe (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling - 471 pages
5. Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling - 551 pages
6. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1-5) by Douglas Adams The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - 876 pages
7. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien - 1504 pages
8. A Mulher do Viajante no Tempo by Audrey Niffenegger The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - 582 pages
9. O Código Da Vinci by Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - 423 pages
10. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling A Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling - 568 pages

message 3: by Ana Luisa (last edited Oct 12, 2014 02:26PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (07/08/14) - I finished my first big book, and it was:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - 552 pages

message 4: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (12/10/14) - I just finished my second big book of the year:
As Aventuras de Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - 417 pages

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Fauchelle | 19 comments Well done Ana. It's a bit over whelming when you first start a big book but it is worth the effort. You have a couple of books in your list that I too want to read.
Keep reading and enjoy getting lost in a good book.

message 6: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) Colleen wrote: "Well done Ana. It's a bit over whelming when you first start a big book but it is worth the effort. You have a couple of books in your list that I too want to read.
Keep reading and enjoy getting l..."

Thank you, Colleen! It really is overwhelming at times, but it's also rewarding when you finish a big book and can add it to your list.

I hope you too enjoy the books on your list. Good reading!

message 7: by Ana Luisa (last edited Oct 16, 2014 06:38AM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (16/10/14) - I finished my third big book of the year today:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - 466 pages

message 8: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Fauchelle | 19 comments what! don't you go to school or work? you are flying through these books. I am such a slow reader. Girl you are amazing.

message 9: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) Colleen wrote: "what! don't you go to school or work? you are flying through these books. I am such a slow reader. Girl you are amazing."

I go to university and it's consuming my time, I barely read anything in the first semester. But recently I decided to give myself a challenge to read at least 50 pages a day, and it seems to be working so far :D

message 10: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (16/11/14) - I just finished my fourth big book of the year:
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - 546 pages

message 11: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (02/12/14) - I just finished my fifth big book of the year:
A Esperança (Jogos Vorazes, #3) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - 424 pages

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Fauchelle | 19 comments You go girl.

message 13: by Ana Luisa (last edited Dec 10, 2014 07:23PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (11/12/14) - Just finished reading my sixth big book of the year:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - 470 pages

message 14: by Ana Luisa (last edited Dec 16, 2014 01:42PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) (16/12/14) - I just finished my seventh big book of the year:
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - 475 pages