Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

Who's your favorite Harry potter character?
William William Feb 13, 2014 04:24PM
My favorites are Fred and George! There so cool/funny.

Dumbledore. Wise, flawed, redeemed, deeply human.

Sirius Black, definitely. However, three runner-ups are Bellatrix Lestrange, Remus Lupin, and Regulus Black.

Sirius Black because he had so many flaws, but he was such a good person underneath it all, and he was so incredibly loyal. He made a lot of mistakes but had a great heart. He was also so wickedly cool.

Bellatrix Lestrange because I think she is one of the best baddies ever created, and she is so cruel but so powerful and brilliant. She held her own in a position that was almost wholly dominated by men, she's a very intriguing character to read about.

Remus Lupin because he was such a great person. Like Sirius, he made a lot of mistakes, but I think it's those mistakes that made him the fantastic character he is. Those flaws and mistakes made him very realistic, and they also showed what a great person he was in the end when he ultimately did the right things.

Now it's time for the most complicated one on my list: Regulus Black. We don't know much about Regulus except that he was a Death Eater, the brother of Sirius, he was killed for defying Voldemort, and he was a Slytherin. He was faithful to his family and his family's ideals, but it is also quite obvious that his brother had quite a bearing on who Regulus came to be. Regulus is almost a complete mystery, but underneath all the complications of where his loyalties were, who he really was, and what his actual beliefs were, we have a character who was deeply scarred by his family and probably terrified of his parents. In the end, however, he gave up his life to do the right thing, and he was an absolutely brilliant person. The Black brothers are certainly a force to be reckoned with.

I think it's very sad that all my favorite characters in HP are all dead.

deleted member Feb 13, 2014 07:03PM   0 votes
My favourite characters are Harry & Ron

They were wonderful. Except for Fred....:'(
I really liked Ginny and Hermione.
Least favorite? Prof. Umbridge. I have literally had to work under her real-life counterpart, Ms. B.

hermione,harry,lupin,ron,tonks,luna and definitely fred and george

deleted member Feb 18, 2014 02:22PM   0 votes
Dobby, Fred and George, Hermione, Molly.

Sadhvika (last edited Feb 20, 2014 01:07AM ) Feb 20, 2014 01:07AM   0 votes
I like Sirius the best....But I respect Dumbledore more than anyone else......

Hermione, Dumbledore, Molly, Fred, George, Snape, Dobby.

McGonagall, because she is motherly, stern, and extremely brave.

Lupin, because even with his problems, he finds a way to live with them and is really kind and smart.

And of course I love the main three, but I would say that outside of them I like those two a lot.

Luna The Plot Device.

Luna Lovegood, Fred and George, Remus, Sirius

B Feb 19, 2014 05:00PM   0 votes
Lupin!!!

Severus Snape, I fear, is being somewhat forgotten here. I was reminded of his love for Lily, even after her death, while watching Interstellar,
"We love dead people. Where's the social utility in that?"
His love for Lily was a propulsive force. It helped Harry through every step of his journey. He even destroyed his image as a "good guy" for his love. All in Lily's memory.

Severus Snape!(I remember in the first book I hated him, but after I read the entire series I grew to love him.)

I like Cedric Diggory. He is so kind, brave, fair, and loyal.

F 25x33
Bkd Cedric is so underrated.
Feb 28, 2015 03:16AM · flag