Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Bird of Paradise Drums Beating
This topic is about Bird of Paradise Drums Beating
Read 4 Review #129 - Birds of Paradise Drums Beating (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited Mar 14, 2014 04:02PM) (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments The group would like to welcome author Penny Ross for a Read 4 Review of her book Bird of Paradise Drums Beating Bird of Paradise Drums Beating.

Kara has secrets. One of her secrets began in 69 B.C...

How do the typical lives of eighteen-year old Brittany and her mother Amy mesh with a woman who claims she was Cleopatra, Nellie McClung, Pauline Johnson, Marie-Anne Lagimodiere and other legendary women? Find out as Kara's secrets are exposed through startling revelations.

From a Mayan peasant about to be sacrificed, to a famous singer afflicted by anorexia, and a queen paraded up the Nile on a state barge, to a princess bewitched by a handsome vampire in a forest, Brittany and Amy follow Kara through an ancient labyrinth of stunning proportion.

As Kara channels the lives of famous women, Amy embraces her Metis culture. Brittany juggles a new love life and university assignments as she sifts through secret lives of Kara to record adventures of history and culture.

Is this account laced with ancient wisdom real or an epic novel of fantasy and time travel? Join Kara, Brittany and Amy as they discover dreams and reality are best layered with laughter, excitement and intrigue.

309 Pages

The author will be providing 10 copies in PDF and epub formats. To request, please post your email address. It is your responsibility to check for the book and download it. It is also your responsibility to contact me immediately if you do not receive the book or have a problem. In exchange for the free book, the author requests an honest review of their book not just on Goodreads, but also on Amazon USA, UK, and any of your blogs or reviewing sites. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you are REQUIRED to post your Goodreads link to it on this thread.

Even though this book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical, disrespectful and illegal to share books provided to you for reviews.

Further Info from the group, not the author: If you do not complete the e-book within the time given, and you do not post your link on this thread or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. This is to prevent people from getting complimentary books over and over without fulfilling their obligation.

Do not message me nor the author requesting the book. All info is to be posted here. This for the ease of the author and the mods and fairness to all. If you do not wish to share your email publicly, please do not request.

If there are any other authors looking to do this with our group, please message me. You MUST be willing to provide copies, free of charge, to the reviewers.

REVIEWERS: PLEASE read the topic titled "Reviewers." All the rules are listed under there. We will not allow any excuses of "I didn't know" because the rules are listed and if you have any questions you can always message me. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Links to find the book for posting reviews:

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00B0G66OW

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B0G66OW

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bird-...

Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 03/06/14 (March 6th).

Reviewers:

1. Allyson: allysonmichellemeahl@gmail.com COMPLETED LATE
2. Kori: hankskori@gmail.com COMPLETED
3. Catherine: clhunt77@gmail.com DID NOT COMPLETE
4. Zainab: zawzaw55@yahoo.com COMPLETED
5. Raby: rabyp85@gmail.com PDF COMPLETED
6. Melissa: melbnep7@gmail.com PDF COMPLETED

Allyson (allysonmichelle) I would love to read & review this book if its available in epub. My email is allysonmichellemeahl@gmail.com

Kori | 72 comments I'd really like to review this for u
My email is hankskori@gmail.com.

Penny Ross | 23 comments Allyson wrote: "I would love to read & review this book if its available in epub. My email is allysonmichellemeahl@gmail.com"

Hi Allyson,
Not sure if I can convert the book to epub. I'll check and keep you posted. I have it in PDF if that works!
Penny

Penny Ross | 23 comments Kori wrote: "I'd really like to review this for u
My email is hankskori@gmail.com."

Hi Kori!
Great, I'll send you the PDF tomorrow!
Happy Valentine's!
Penny

Kori | 72 comments Thanks!!! And a very Happy Valentine's to you!

Penny wrote: "Kori wrote: "I'd really like to review this for u

Hi Kori!
Happy Valentine's!
Penny"

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (katesplace77) | 32 comments Wold love to review this book.My email is clhunt77@gmail.com

✰ Zainab ✰ (zai0) I'd love to review this for you :)
zawzaw55@yahoo.com

Penny Ross | 23 comments Catherine wrote: "Wold love to review this book.My email is clhunt77@gmail.com"

Hi Catherine,
Would you like the book in PDF or epub?
Penny

Penny Ross | 23 comments Zainab wrote: "I'd love to review this for you :)
zawzaw55@yahoo.com"

Hi Zainab,
Penny

Penny Ross | 23 comments Kori wrote: "Thanks!!! And a very Happy Valentine's to you!

Hi Kori!
H..."

Hi Kori,
I can send you the book in PDF or epub now. Which one would you prefer?
Penny

✰ Zainab ✰ (zai0) Penny wrote: "Zainab wrote: "I'd love to review this for you :)
zawzaw55@yahoo.com"

Hi Zainab,
Penny"

Pdf, please :)

Penny Ross | 23 comments Zainab wrote: "Penny wrote: "Zainab wrote: "I'd love to review this for you :)
zawzaw55@yahoo.com"

Hi Zainab,
Penny"

Pdf, please :)"

Great, I'll send it now!

Penny Ross | 23 comments Penny wrote: "Allyson wrote: "I would love to read & review this book if its available in epub. My email is allysonmichellemeahl@gmail.com"

Hi Allyson,
Not sure if I can convert the book to epub. I'll check and..."

Hi Allyson,
Just sent you my book in epub.
Penny

message 15: by Kori (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kori | 72 comments Epub would be great thanks!

Penny wrote: "Kori wrote: "Thanks!!! And a very Happy Valentine's to you!

Hi Kori!
Great, I'll send you the PD..."

Penny Ross | 23 comments Hi Kori,
Great, I'll send you the epub right now!
Penny

message 17: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments I'm back, I was away with the family for the weekend. Thanks for holding down the fort Penny! Question, are copies not available in epub format? If so, I'll change the description.

message 18: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments There are 6 copies still available for reviewers.

Penny Ross | 23 comments Hi Marni,
Hope you had fun with the family!
I've been sending copies in epub format and PDF.
Penny

Divya PDF please!

rabyp85@gmail.com

Penny Ross | 23 comments Raby wrote: "PDF please!

rabyp85@gmail.com"

Hi Raby,
I just sent you the PDF for my novel Bird of Paradise Drums Beating.
Enjoy!
Penny

Mel (Reviews In A Pinch) (reviewsinapinch) | 37 comments I'm not sure if this is still open, but I'd like to read and review this book if possible. I'd like the PDF, please.

melbnep7@gmail.com

message 23: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Melissa wrote: "I'm not sure if this is still open, but I'd like to read and review this book if possible. I'd like the PDF, please.

melbnep7@gmail.com"

You are added and I messaged the author.

Mel (Reviews In A Pinch) (reviewsinapinch) | 37 comments Marni wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm not sure if this is still open, but I'd like to read and review this book if possible. I'd like the PDF, please.

melbnep7@gmail.com"

You are added and I messaged the author."

Thank you, thank you!!! I'm so excited! :D

Penny Ross | 23 comments Melissa wrote: "Marni wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm not sure if this is still open, but I'd like to read and review this book if possible. I'd like the PDF, please.

melbnep7@gmail.com"

You are added and I mess..."

Hi Melissa,
I just sent you the PDF of my novel Bird of Paradise Drums Beating.

Happy Reading
Penny

Mel (Reviews In A Pinch) (reviewsinapinch) | 37 comments I posted my review on Amazon-US, Amazon-UK, B&N, Goodreads, and my blog. Here is the link to my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 28: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Deadline is in 5 days.

message 29: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Deadline is in 2 days. Reviewers need to get moving on this.

Divya Sorry I am so late!!!
Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 32: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments 1 1/2 hours left until the deadline and 2 reviewers left to post.

message 33: by Allyson (last edited Mar 14, 2014 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Allyson (allysonmichelle) https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... also going to post review to b&n.com sorry again it's late due to the issues with my Nook. Thanks again Penny for resending it! :)

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bird of Paradise Drums Beating (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Penny Ross (other topics)