I Love My Anythink discussion

Just for Fun > Do you judge a book by its cover?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica | 51 comments Mod
Sometimes a book's cover can be its own piece of artwork. So, let's be honest. Does a book's cover ever influence your decision to read it?

While we're on the subject, here's a look at some of the most iconic book covers of all time: http://flavorwire.com/206111/the-20-m...

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen_lawson) | 2 comments Sometimes it does. I mostly choose my next book based on previous recommendations from friends, or the fact that a favorite author has something new out. Sometimes, though, I'm looking for something completely different. That's when I browse through the library and pick up anything that looks interesting or that looks like something other people would find interesting. Cover art is a big influence in those situations.

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph Patt (steph_patt) | 4 comments It depends. A book can definitely draw my interest if it has a cover that is appealing to me. It is more so that I read a lot of the same books and sometime their covers are similar. Plus, in some books the cover can give insight to what the book may be about or what elements are included (thinking fantasy here). I always read the book cover or jacket before making a final decision, but I can say that covers can be a deciding factor on whether I pick it up to check it out or not.