What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

An Old-Fashioned Girl
This topic is about An Old-Fashioned Girl
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Classic young adults fiction book [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ziley (new)

Ziley | 3 comments I read a book about 8 years ago in my 6th grade library that I would love to read again. From what I remember it was a classic with those classic book covers, a small painting on the front cover under the title. In the story a young country girl goes to visit her rich friend in the city. Her rich friend has a brother. They are very nice to her, but she's not used to the rich city life. There is lots of adventures. I think at one time they make taffy. And there was always a stuck up, annoying rich girl hanging around.Towards the end of her visit, her friends don't want her to leave but she has to. As she leaves on the train her friends brother throws her a package of peanuts with something inside it. (view spoiler) These are all the details I can think of. Thanks for the help.

message 2: by Ziley (new)

Ziley | 3 comments It was set back in the late 1800s early 1900s.

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Ziley, do you remember what time period the book was set in?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35133 comments Mod
An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott? Wikipedia has a plot summary - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Old-F.... Took a quick scan on Amazon's preview, and peanuts are mentioned a couple of times.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 80 comments I second the Old-Fashioned Girl suggestion. I read it years ago, and it reminds me of Ziley's description.

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments I'll third the suggestion for An Old-Fashioned Girl.

message 7: by Ziley (new)

Ziley | 3 comments That's it!! Thanks:)

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35133 comments Mod
Great, glad we could help. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Old-Fashioned Girl (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louisa May Alcott (other topics)