The Outsmilers discussion

Let's Talk, People > Problems

Comments Showing 1-50 of 386 (386 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Have any problems you need/want to talk about? Do so here

message 2: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) i am really shy and socially awkward and i just moved to a new school. how do i meet people like me???? how do i find out if they are lgbt too???? NEED ADVICE!!!

message 3: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 3317 comments Mod
lgbt? o.O

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) MissBloodsucker™ (shadowraith) wrote: "lgbt? o.O"

lesbian gay bisexual transgender
i am a bi/pansexual gender fluid (only just came into my gender identity lol...moving into it slowly so as not to alarm my family lol)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm.....I'm not good with advice XD But I'm shy too (believe it or not :P) So I say to try to talk to people more...or even if you're too scared to start a conversation just smile and make eye contact...well not too much, you don't wanna seem like a creep...
Anyways! Umm....loosen up a bit! Don't worry about what other people think...and say whats on your mind and talk moree. If you're too quiet you don't want people to think you're rude or anything
Um.....gosh this is hard XD I got nothin else...sorry :/ I dunno about the second prob :/

message 6: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Miss Amazingness wrote: "Hmm.....I'm not good with advice XD But I'm shy too (believe it or not :P) So I say to try to talk to people more...or even if you're too scared to start a conversation just smile and make eye cont..."

lol thanks i really appreciate it!!!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

XD Hope I helped....well I'm sure I didn't, but hey I tried! XP

message 8: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "Hmm.....I'm not good with advice XD But I'm shy too (believe it or not :P) So I say to try to talk to people more...or even if you're too scared to start a conversation just smile and make eye cont..."

Same! I'm a little shy too, and mah bro (who's the 'popular guy' ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE!!) says to (1 make eye contact (2 but yah, not like a creep (3 be friendly and smile or just acknowledge people when you walk past in a hall or whatever and happen to lock eyes etc. Yadayada! Idk how he's soooo popular tho. o.O

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A popular guy gave the same advice I did! XPP I musta said somethin right ;)

message 10: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 6389 comments Mod
I'm just dead antisocial o_o Not 'shy' exactly...yeahh..
I think (I also suck at advice...but anyways XD) You should just be confident. Be confident, say a few hellos to kickstart a conversation ;P People might have more in common with ya then you think. (Of course..I don't really have experience with people since I'm homeschooled..*frowns*) Yesh eyecontact helps too, smile a lot (It changes your appearance :D) , and (cliche but important) be yourself!! I'm sure you'll do fiinnneee :D As for da second one...I honestly don't know...XD

message 11: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "A popular guy gave the same advice I did! XPP I musta said somethin right ;)"

XD I don't think you're shy....O.o

message 12: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) thanks!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe for the second one, you can casually bring up the topic (if you're talking about something similar or if it works...don't bring it up out of nowhere) and see what they think about people who are lgbt (i think I got that right) that way you at least know their opinion on it. Um...I don't wanna say to flat out ask, cuz that could be awkward
Um...maybe if they're okay with it and don't mind then just watch their body language to see how they interact with both genders and then you might be able to tell? I have no idea but this is just a thought :P

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

XD I'm not shy online...but I am in real life. Just a little tho...I'm not a social recluse but I won't talk a lot untill I get to know you :P

message 15: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "A popular guy gave the same advice I did! XPP I musta said somethin right ;)"

Bahahahha!! XDD

message 16: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Miss Amazingness wrote: "Maybe for the second one, you can casually bring up the topic (if you're talking about something similar or if it works...don't bring it up out of nowhere) and see what they think about people who ..."
well they know im bi (still have three homophobe family members but whatevs for them) i think net time we go shopping ill take them to the guys section and act super duper casual

message 17: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "XD I'm not shy online...but I am in real life. Just a little tho...I'm not a social recluse but I won't talk a lot untill I get to know you :P"

XD ahhhh.

message 18: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Miss Amazingness wrote: "XD I'm not shy online...but I am in real life. Just a little tho...I'm not a social recluse but I won't talk a lot untill I get to know you :P"

Moi aussi. I don't tend to talk much unless I truly know the person! XP

message 19: by Madeline (last edited Feb 13, 2014 07:13PM) (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) I'm depressed lately... Not that lately. On and off for about two years... It's so hard I don't... I don't know how to fight it off when I get sad. I just want someone to talk to about it. Not someone who secretly thinks I'm whining and being overdramatic. Not judging you. I'd probably think the same thing if someone else put up something like that... but I just can't... If anyone cares...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I know how ya feel :/ I...I don't really have any suggestions that can help but I can talk to you if you want...

message 21: by Madeline (last edited Feb 13, 2014 07:35PM) (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) If you're sure you don't mind....?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course I don't mind

message 23: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "I'm depressed lately... Not that lately. On and off for about two years... It's so hard I don't... I don't know how to fight it off when I get sad. I just want someone to talk to about it. Not some..."

you can always message me, i went through a period of depression too

message 24: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 286 comments If anyone's heard of the 2014 reading challenge, how do u add books? I've already finished one and now I'm stuck :/

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

When you add a book as read, you can add the date it was read on. Make sure you put the start and finish date in 2014 and it'll automatically get added

message 26: by Tia, Nothing good happens after 2 am (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) | 6331 comments Mod
@Mad you know you can always txt me or even call me if you need to. I'm always here for you :)

message 27: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 286 comments @miss amazingness thx :)

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (abilyssaxoxo) " in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take"

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (abilyssaxoxo) I'll talk to ANYONE with issues. it's extremely hard for me to judge people. they have to do something really bad and deserving for me to dislike them. I don't hate anybody. so...I know some of you don't know me but I'd be glad to help anywhere I can:)

message 30: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 586 comments One problem I'm having at the moment is starting University. It's only in 2 weeks so I'm a little nervous yet excited at the same time. I've had such a long time doing nothing because I've had a really long break off since I finished high school, which was like four months ago or something and I've gotten into the mode of doing nothing. I HOPE I LIKE UNIVERSITY!!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

To me, the first day is the worst(I HATED the ice-breaking-the seniors were total jerks) day of all. But Unis are usually not as strict as high schools and they have LOTS of fun occasions like dances and celebrations. It's a little crazy at first--getting to know people and all-- but once you get a hold of it, you WILL like it!

message 32: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 586 comments Thanks, I am excited about meeting new people as well as the change in structure compared to high school, but I guess just not worrying about it and living in the moment is the best.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay,um..so I mentioned somewhere back in SWYSHT a (long)while ago that I hated my dad. And then I said I didn't really hate him after all. Well long story short, my brother died 2 and a half years ago and since then, everything went downhill. My dad lost his job and became comepletely irrsponsible. He started drinking so much he's a drunk,wasting his time in his own world, and my mom is just..sad. She hardly ever leaves my brother's room and she spents her time crying or hugging my late brother's things. Sometimes I see her dancing with my brother's shirt(they used to dance together a lot) and laughing to herself. And to top it off, I'm bullied at school.

I don't expect anyone to give me any advice. I just need to get this out somewhere. I feel a lot better now that I shared it. Thanks for listening.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally! Thought you'd never say that. You're one step ahead to being self-confident :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Haru :)

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) That's a horrible life story. I am very sorry that that all happened/ is happening to you. Don't let it beat you down though. And the bullying? **** those people.

message 37: by Keren (new)

Keren | 88 comments Erzaelin wrote: "Okay,um..so I mentioned somewhere back in SWYSHT a (long)while ago that I hated my dad. And then I said I didn't really hate him after all. Well long story short, my brother died 2 and a half years..."

I'm glad you actually feel better for sharing it, and let me just say no one deserves a life like that, just keep going I know how it feels being bullied and I know how it feels to think that nobody really cares. Live your life one day at a time and don't let anybody bring you down!

message 38: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments I have depression and sometimes it's just downright annoying. And most people really don't help. They're like, depression? Real people don't have that. You're always smiling? You're the least likely to have depression. Ugh. Not to mention people at my school. It's gotten better though, but still. And having divorced parents and just an all-round horrible life.

message 39: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments ^^And that's trying not to rant.

message 40: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments ...Now I just feel awkward...

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Just ignore the people who give you crap about it! Almost everyone gets depressed or sad or upset at least once in their lives so who are they to judge? Ignore them, dahling ;)

message 42: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments It's just hard. I'm diagnosed with depression, actually... And take medicine for it...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

:/ But people still shouldn't judge you for it. That's just wrong :(

message 44: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 2668 comments Mod
Julia wrote: "I have depression and sometimes it's just downright annoying. And most people really don't help. They're like, depression? Real people don't have that. You're always smiling? You're the least likel..."

Try to do things that make you happy! Make a playlist of songs to listen to when you're down. I have so many playlists XD I have a sad playlist. An I'm-stressed-out Playlists, etc. Don't listen to these people. Sophomores don't know crap (I know that because I'm a soph XD). Watch some tv, anything to cheer you up.

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments Okay. Sometimes it's just hard, you know? I just happen to feel it more then most, I guess?

message 46: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 2668 comments Mod
Yeah I understand what you're saying. It must be difficult. We're always here for you tho!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I get it and it sucks :/ I get depressed sometimes too so I know what you mean.

message 48: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments :) Thanks guys.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I think my mom's pregnant.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

@Tinath: Is that a bad thing?

@Isabelle: I didn't like it…

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8