Pakistani Readers discussion

Chit Chat > Literature festival

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lara (new)

Lara Zuberi (larazuberi) | 569 comments I must confess my ignorance...I was unaware that the Karachi literature festival was such a spectacular event until I had the good fortune of attending a very small part of it last week..
It was one of the most enriching experiences of my brief visit to Pakistan, and it did not cost me anything but a little of my time..
Met Kamila Shamsie and Mohammad Hanif and listened to their words of wisdom..
This was the 5th one in Karachi, the one in Lahore is coming up..highly recommended for book-lovers of all ages..
Did anyone attend?

message 2: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
When is it in Lahore? I would love to visit.

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara Zuberi (larazuberi) | 569 comments Feb 21st-23rd at Alhamra..

message 4: by Maira (new)

okay. I'll go. inShallah. I went to an exhibition for book in expo centre last year. It was amazing and the experience was very exhilarating.

message 5: by Maira (new)

ThankYou for sharing this too :)

message 6: by Lara (new)

Lara Zuberi (larazuberi) | 569 comments No problem maira. Did you go?

message 7: by Maira (new)

Yes i did. I didn't get a chance to meet any writer becasue i got their late but the festival was awesome. The environment was blissful with all the books and readers and discussions. My father had to drag me and my sister out. :P

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara Zuberi (larazuberi) | 569 comments Great..I wish we had these things when I was growing up..but better late than never..there are some things in Pakistan that are going in the right direction, and this is one of them..

message 9: by Maira (last edited Feb 25, 2014 10:12AM) (new)

Lara wrote: "Great..I wish we had these things when I was growing up..but better late than never..there are some things in Pakistan that are going in the right direction, and this is one of them.."

Yeah. Today people especially children prefer stupid things like Facebook when they can learn more meaningful things from books and decent gatherings like book festivals and exhibitions.
Lot of social follies can be solved through them.