The Outsmilers discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If anyone needs advice on anything, feel free to ask here!

message 2: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 286 comments How do I find out if a guy in my grade likes me?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

@Layla....imply things about this Sam guy and the person teasing you instead ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

XDD You really did it? ;P

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 1 comments quite Dauntless Layla :P

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Morgan (darcy_hazelM) | 125 comments Okay... I definitely need some major advice...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

What's up?

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Shaw | 34 comments Darcy wrote: "Okay... I definitely need some major advice..."

hey what's up?

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Morgan (darcy_hazelM) | 125 comments Ok, well, I'm still confused and a little bit shaken up and I'm just sitting on my bed ignoring my buzzing phone and staring into the emptiness. This is so weird. Ok, well, here goes. I've been best friends with Mercedes (Mechi) for a very long time and I love her with all my being, like I would do anything for her, she's like my soulmate you know? Mechi is this very tall fit blonde with wavy perfect hair and a long LONG list of boyfriends of every ethnic possible. I've been through everything with her, we got lost in the city together, fought heartbreaks together, got with boys together, escaped for a few days together, anyway, you get me when I say we're so very close.
I've never ever had a friend like Mechi before, if she died then I'd commit suicide I'm not even kidding. And two days ago she was still dating her boyfriend for three months Luke. And I just had... The weirdest conversation with her. I went over hers to exchange some of the Valentine's day gifts from our respective boyfriends (yes we're weird) and she was kinda off. She looked like she's been crying and she was very very nervous. When I asked her what was up she started babbling about confusing things, anyway I didn't know what was going on. Then she reached under her bed and gave me a wrapped box. When I opened it, it was a beautiful frame with a picture of the both of us and there was also a pretty charm bracelet with little hearts and all. When I tried to thank her by hugging her she pushed me away and said we needed to talk. And then she started crying and sobbing uncontrolably. After I calmed her down a little bit she explained to me that she didn't like her boyfriend and that she broke up with him. She told me she was confused about her sexual orientation and then she told me she loved me more than friends. It kind of left me paralyzed and then she tried to kiss me and then I took off running. I don't know what to think, it was really the last thing I would have expected and... I'm not horrified by it, I mean I don't have anything against it but... You know... I just don't know what to freaking do. I can't afford to lose her. And now I'm finding myself questioning my own sexual orientation and. Oh my god.

message 10: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Darcy wrote: "Ok, well, I'm still confused and a little bit shaken up and I'm just sitting on my bed ignoring my buzzing phone and staring into the emptiness. This is so weird. Ok, well, here goes. I've been bes..."

want to pm me??? i understand whts going on, im bi after all

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow...I really don't know what advice to give about that.
Okay um...maybe when you fully calm down you can talk to her? I don't know...Do you think you may have feelings for her too or are you positive that you're straight? Because if so, there's really nothing you can do but tell her that you don't like her like that (nicely of course)
Some people don't think gender matters--if you like someone then it doesn't matter what gender they are. If you're like that and you do realize you have feelings for her then maybe you should act on them?
I can see how it can cause trouble though, since you have a boyfriend and stuff....I really don't know what else to say :/

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Morgan (darcy_hazelM) | 125 comments @Julia : Sure :(
@Nata : Thanks for trying. You know, I just really love my boyfriend, especially since the start of this week, it's undeniable. On the other hand, I can't be sure of my feelings for Mechi because, I'm scared my feelings for her as a best friend get confused for something else. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I'm also scared to confront her, I'm scared she'll think I'll look at her differently and maybe I will, I don't know. I think she thinks I'm mad, but I'm not, I'm just confused and scared to confront her.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I get what you're saying :/ And I know she's been your friend for a long time but you shouldn't try to...convince yourself that you might have feelings for her. I mean you either do or don't, but if you think about the fact that you guys are best friends and how you don't want to hurt her, then you might think things that aren't true. And you don't want to be stuck thinking "maybe" and "what if" all the time because that could could make things even harder and more confusing and cause even more trouble, ya know?

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Morgan (darcy_hazelM) | 125 comments I totally get that. I just wish things were simpler and that I could read my feelings like I can read a book, without hesitating and being unsure about them. Now in less than 2 hours I have a dance audition for The Nutcracker that is really important to me but how can I focus in ballet with all of this in my mind. Moreover, Mechi knew this and that's very selfish of her...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

:( Good luck with everything then. It's probably hard on your friend too...she probably didn't expect to grow feelings for you either :/

message 16: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 286 comments Im on the app version but here's a link. I hope it helps :( http://m.wikihow.com/Accept-a-Close-F...

message 17: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 2668 comments Mod
The Active Walrus (GAB) wrote: "How do I find out if a guy in my grade likes me?"

Talk to him more! Text, talk, find a way to spend more time together. See what happens from there. You'll probably get a pretty good idea of his feelings from that, but if not, like Kaitlyn said, if you're comfortable with it, ask his friends.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

It sounds to me like she was jealous that you were hanging out with someone else. If you want to be her friend again maybe you should give it a chance but if she acts like that again then tell her to stop being like that. If she doesn't listen then maybe you shouldn't be friends...idk thats just what I think

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Then she's not a real friend because a real friend wouldn't treat you like that.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (hghpfan) | 45 comments This is not a big problem compared to some of the others on here but there is girl at school who will not stop annoying me! I can not get away from her for more then five seconds! Whenever I do not respond to something that she says to me she goes and tells our teacher! When I explained what was going on he would not listen to me! What should I do?!

message 21: by Claire (new)

Claire | 3 comments Emma wrote: "This is not a big problem compared to some of the others on here but there is girl at school who will not stop annoying me! I can not get away from her for more then five seconds! Whenever I do not..."

If you're kind of friends or companions or something, I would just talk to her and tell her to calm down a bit. I know this sounds like stereotypical advice, but trust me, it actually works. :)

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma (hghpfan) | 45 comments Claire wrote: "Emma wrote: "This is not a big problem compared to some of the others on here but there is girl at school who will not stop annoying me! I can not get away from her for more then five seconds! When..."

ok i will try that on monday! Thanks!!!!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

@RumpelstiltskinFan #1 Okay so to me it seems like E and J like you more than friends and maybe J told E about his feelings for you and J also knew that E likes you and E got jealous and ordered you not to talk to J but I COULD BE WRONG. So don't take me seriously but that's what I kind of see going on.
@Darcy I'm really late but I am so very sorry. I know how it feels to have a girl as a friend and then for the girl to like you more than friends. I really don't know what to say to that, because I'm horrible at giving advice. But when it happened to me I got scared so I ignored her which is NOT good. So my advice is don't ignore what she told you although this is very obvious. Also, after I ignored her we just slowly fell apart as friends. In your case it's different considering that you two are very close and we weren't but I seriously don't know what to say but that you should do what you think is right. It sounds corny but it's true. Maybe you are questioning your sexual orientation because she came out to you. But if that never happened, would you think you're attracted to girls? Maybe it's not bisexuality. Maybe you're just confusing your deep friendship with love and maybe she is too. And you have your boyfriend to think about. I don't really know. Sorry I'm not much of a help but I think it's just confusion...

message 24: by Broken_Heart (new)

Broken_Heart (just-smile) | 177 comments I NEED help..

I like 2 or possibly 3 boys and I hve no idea wht 2 do... 2 of them I hve classes with (There in yr8 with me) How do I know if they like me??

I NEED 2 KNOW NOW BE4 SCHOOL ENDS!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

okay....just tell them what you just said now:
I dont know you that well and dont like you like that

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Say,"I DON'T KNOW YOU THAT WELL, AND I DON'T LIKE YOU THAT."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

☠мeιyυ☠♫ιғ тнeѕe wιngѕ coυld ғly♫ wrote: "Say,"I DON'T KNOW YOU THAT WELL, AND I DON'T LIKE YOU THAT.""

...*facepalms* thats exactly what I said

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

*sighs and smacks head on table*

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 33 comments Griffin wrote: "So...

One of my GR friends who I don't even talk to that much... told me they liked me... and I don't like dem like dat...

Um... what do I say to them? *coughs awkwardly*"

I guess you could be nice and just tell them that you aren't interested in dating anyone right now. And if you want you could ask them why they think they like you, although now that I think about it, that may sound like you're fishing for a compliment. Hmm, idk.

message 30: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette There is this guy at school that won't give me my space. One of my friends told me he's liked me since I moved here... and its really starting to freak me out. I don't want to be mean... but how do I get him to go away?... preferrably politely... if possible.

message 31: by Martin (new)

Martin | 121 comments Bridgette wrote: "There is this guy at school that won't give me my space. One of my friends told me he's liked me since I moved here... and its really starting to freak me out. I don't want to be mean... but how do..."

Do you know him well? Maybe he'll come out being a great friend! You never know. But if you don't want to go down friendship st. then maybe tell him to keep his distance- politely that is. Or maybe confront him and tell him the problem. If neither of these strike your fancy then tell an adult.

That is if you haven't solved this yet. Its been, what, a month now?

Hopefully you've solved it already.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Biiig issue...
At my friends party I was nxt to a girl in my home room it was awkward so I said my friend was warring the same dress she wore to my party to start convo, it wasn't meant to. Be mean but she told my friend who is really p*ssed and is spreading rumours about me now and I tried texting talking, apologizing and leaving voicemails, it's been about five weeks now, what shld I do???

message 33: by Martin (new)

Martin | 121 comments Aria-the-fault-in-our-stars_FANATIC-:) wrote: "Biiig issue...
At my friends party I was nxt to a girl in my home room it was awkward so I said my friend was warring the same dress she wore to my party to start convo, it wasn't meant to. Be mean..."

If you have apologized already and she's still doing it, then tell a parent or ignore her. Ignoring usually works.

I dont want to be rude but I'm having trouble reading your comment.

message 34: by Lygia (new)

Lygia (ohnoitslygia) | 161 comments Emma wrote: "This is not a big problem compared to some of the others on here but there is girl at school who will not stop annoying me! I can not get away from her for more then five seconds! Whenever I do not..."

smack them (:
jk jk jk
u should just tell them to leave you alone cuz u think that their annoying (but dont sound to mean)

message 35: by Lygia (new)

Lygia (ohnoitslygia) | 161 comments Bridgette ~Make a Change~ wrote: "There is this guy at school that won't give me my space. One of my friends told me he's liked me since I moved here... and its really starting to freak me out. I don't want to be mean... but how do..."

when he comes near u just act like u have something to do and walk away

message 36: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) There is this guy at my school who keeps coming up to me. He calls me mean, but he ALWAYS comes up to me. People have said that we would make a cute couple and things like that and he says ew and makes a disgusted face but my friends think he likes me. What do you think?

message 37: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Depends what he says and does. Do you ever catch him staring/glancing at you?

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Yeah. He also stops talking to others when I'm around and then starts a conversation with me

message 39: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Then yes he likes you... But like.. How's your attitude to him? Nice ? Mean back? Indifferent?

message 40: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) But he always argues with me. According to my friends, it's an excuse to talk to me but I don't know

message 41: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Well we usually playfully argue but we both know that we're joking

message 42: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Yeh. He likes you. Like your friends said, it's an excuse to talk to you.... BUT don't ask him about it. Theres always the possibility that he doesn't. If he really likes you. Let HIM come up to YOU xD.

message 43: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Ok. Thanks for the advice!!

message 44: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Yw... Do you like him?

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Yeah

message 46: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Okay. Maybe you should get a friend to ask him..? Like not tell him you like him.. Like ask him if he likes you...

You get it right? XD.

message 47: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Yeah my friend was going to ask

message 48: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Well.. She should...

message 49: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (booklover_04) Do you like anybody?

message 50: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 1996 comments Yes but also no. It's a LONG story:

« previous 1