What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. children's picture book about a mouse in a storm

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Graham | 6 comments Okay troops--

I had a picture book in the early 80s (though it might have been written earlier). I don't remember all the details of a plot, but I remember a mouse getting caught in a storm and getting a terrible cold. He's nursed to health by a little girl who tucks him in under a mitten. I seem to remember a scene where he's taking a bath in a fancy tea cup? I think he ends up living in the girl's dollhouse.

Anyone know this book?

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments That sounds so cute... Still looking for this Jennifer?

message 3: by Tesh (new)

Tesh | 67 comments Do you remember anything about what the illustrations were like?

message 4: by Kris (last edited Apr 11, 2015 12:10PM) (new)

Kris | 35138 comments Mod
A guess - Eleanora Mousie Catches a Cold (1987, 1991) by Ann Morris? I don't see a detailed description...

Eleanora Mousie learns how to take care of her cold and how to have fun while she rests and recovers.

Cover image = www.amazon.com/Eleanora-Mousie-Catche...

message 5: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments These aren't really picture books, but both are illustrated and can be read pretty young. The bath in the teacup reminds me of Stuart Little and the cold reminds me of Abel's Island.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Jennifer, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Jennifer, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.