Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives Retired Folder Threads > Revisiting the Shelf

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9439 comments Mod
Our Revisit the Shelf nominations are for re-reads or reads you missed the first time around. Does't matter if they are old school, contemporary, or a long read.

Here is the link to our Read Shelf

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4913 comments Mod
I want to remind everyone that we are not limited to just reading the selected bookshelf reread every month. As of now our library consists of 80 plus books and there are discussions pages open for member’s comments, so if you feel like reading a book not a part of the current months reading selections, but it’s on our group bookshelf. Pick it up, read it, and let everyone know how you think about it.

message 3: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 2993 comments I love that feature of this group, Bob.

message 4: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Thanks for the reminder, Bob. Appreciate it.

message 5: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) I just finished The Great Gatsby. It was my second time, after the obligatory high school reading. I watched the Leonardo movie first (have also seen the Redford version). The movie added SO much to my understanding of the book. By understanding, I mean the symbolism, empathasizing with the characters, etc. The movie was very faithful to the book.

message 6: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 2993 comments Ahhh, I meant to see that while it was still in the theaters, but I missed it. Which movie version did you prefer, caallas?

message 7: by Bob, Short Story Classics (new)

Bob | 4913 comments Mod
Remember we have a discussion page for the subject of The Great Gatsby. Go to the home page and scroll down till you find it.

message 8: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Hi MK & Caallas.

I've added your posts to this thread if you would like to continue the conversation.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 53 comments Glenna, I just found myself curious about The Painted Veil. I might want to read it even if it's not selected....If you happen to see this, would you give just a really brief intro to what the book's about? Thanks.

Shelley
http://dustbowlstory.wordpress.com

message 10: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 2384 comments Shelley wrote: "Glenna, I just found myself curious about The Painted Veil. I might want to read it even if it's not selected....If you happen to see this, would you give just a really brief intro to what the book..."

I think this is a contemporary nomination, not a "revisit" nomination?

This isn't much more spoilery than the cover blurb here on goodreads: (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.