Women's Fiction Lovers discussion

New Jennifer Weiner book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie Gilbert (kelliecoatesgilbert) | 24 comments Mod
Excited about the new Jennifer Weiner book coming out this summer….ALL FALL DOWN. Looks like it's about a gal in addiction recovery and all the craziness surrounding that. Jen gets too raunchy for me at times, and I find myself skipping over blocks of yuck….but she builds great characters and I love her books.

message 2: by Kellie (new)

So....the book released. Read it and it was SO good. Jen has skipped over the raunch this time and focused on a heartfelt subject. Well written and a story that will stay with me for some time. Any one else read it? Thoughts?

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Patricia wrote: "All Fall Down sounds like a really good book. I'll take heartfelt over raunchy any day!"

Yeah, no one builds characters like Jen, but those scenes are not really necessary in most of her books and have hurt her readership, I think. I'm hoping she's left that behind, because she is SO talented.

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Blankenship  | 2 comments I just finished All Fall Down and it was her best in awhile. It could be that the subject matter hit so close to home. Even so, she obviously researched the subject then added the Weiner Flair.

message 5: by Kellie (new)

Carmen wrote: "I just finished All Fall Down and it was her best in awhile. It could be that the subject matter hit so close to home. Even so, she obviously researched the subject then added the Weiner Flair."
I agree, Carmen. The story was very well done...paced nicely and the story problem well built and believable. Often, stories with this subject matter seem stilted, like the author really doesn't understand how someone slips into addiction. I applaud Jen's effort.

message 6: by Jacquiline (new)

Jacquiline | 1 comments Yes - I agree - excellent book. I couldn't put it down. Knowing quite a bit about addiction, I could totally identify with this book and the chaos it can and does cause families but also the hope that can come with it as well.