Willing To Review Christian Group discussion

A Gift of Fire
This topic is about A Gift of Fire
Asking for Reviews

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Jones | 6 comments I’m looking for reviews of my ebook, A Gift of Fire. I’ve written a number of stories before, but now this is the first time I’ve written something which is overtly Christian. This is a Christian S. F. story about a young woman named Sharo who is abandoned far from home. Popular wisdom would have her lost in the coming winter, but of course that’s not the way it happens.

The book is available on Smashwords and B&N.

PM me with an address and I will send a “coupon” to you. I can only generate coupons for Smashwords.

In the meantime, since I’m here, let me ask: What I’ve written is inspired by the time of the patriarchs-- in a sideways, abstract, not one-to-one correlation kind of way. How much of a risk is it not only to portray people having faith, but to include God directly in the story?

Debbie (debbie_smith) | 6 comments Stephen,
If you still need a reviewer I will be willing to do so. Let me know and I will PM an address. I have a Kindle instead of a nook, but I do have a Smashwords account if you would like to send that coupon. If you have enough reviewers just let me know.

As for your question, there is always a risk no matter which way you decide to do it. I feel the only danger is how you portray God in your story. Especially if you are targeting a Christian readership.

message 3: by Stephen (last edited Mar 09, 2014 08:35PM) (new)

Stephen Jones | 6 comments Absolutely, the more reviews the better. Be aware the book is only available in ebook form.

Sandra, I will be sending you an email with info. Debbie, if I don't PM you feel free to contact me.

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly Bull | 10 comments My name is Molly Noble Bull, and Gatehaven, my long
Christian Gothic historical, was published on March 4, 2014. Would you like to review it? If so, please post it as a Want to Read here at Goodreads and reply to this message. Thanks in advance.
Molly
www.mollynoblebull.com

Debbie (debbie_smith) | 6 comments Your review is posted Stephen. Good book, I enjoyed it.

Keep writing.

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Jones | 6 comments Thanks. Kind words. I'm glad you liked it.

SJ

Debbie wrote: "Your review is posted Stephen. Good book, I enjoyed it.

Keep writing."

Louisa Black (lblack32) | 9 comments Morning Stephen,

I was wondering if you still need reviewers for your book? I'm happy to do so. x

Louisa Black (lblack32) | 9 comments And morning Molly, I see the post went up on the 8th of march, do you still need reviewers? I'd be happy to do so. x Let me know

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Jones | 6 comments Absolutely! I will be sending you a message soon. Thanks.

SJ

Louisa wrote: "Morning Stephen,

I was wondering if you still need reviewers for your book? I'm happy to do so. x"

message 10: by Molly (new)

Molly Bull | 10 comments Louisa wrote: "Morning Stephen,

I was wondering if you still need reviewers for your book? I'm happy to do so. x"

message 11: by Molly (new)

Molly Bull | 10 comments Louisa,
I would be honored if you read Gatehaven and would love a review. But be warned.
Though Gatehaven is super scary, it has a very strong Christian message. If either of those facts bother you, you might not want to read Gatehaven.
However, if you still want to read it, I will happy to pay for an e-book copy via Amazon. I will need your email address.
If you would rather not post your email address here, you can order Gatehaven from Amazon on your own for only $2.51. Here is the address.
http://bit.ly/Gatehavevn
If anyone else is interested in a free copy of Gatehaven in exchange for a review, let me know. You can get a free copy, too.
Thanks.
Molly Noble Bull
www.mollynoblebull.com

Debbie (debbie_smith) | 6 comments Molly,

Depending on what you call scary I may be interested in reviewing your Gatehaven if you still need reviewers. I tried your link posted here and it would not work.

Currently I am working on a book for review but, if you do not have a time frame you need the review by (like immediately) I would love to do it. I will message you for the link to a free copy.

Debbie (debbie_smith) | 6 comments I just sent you and email. Let me know if you do not receive it.

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly Bull | 10 comments As you know, I am the author of Gatehaven, a Christian Gothic historical, and here is the correct address for those who might be interested and ordering Gatehaven. The e-book version only costs $2.51.
http://cit.ly/Gatehaven
Molly Noble Bull
www.mollynoblebull.com

message 15: by Molly (new)

Molly Bull | 10 comments Louisa.
Did you just send me an email regarding my historical, Gatehaven? If so, I goofed and deleted it. Please send it again.
And I am still looking for anyone willing to read and review Gatehaven. Currently, I will send a free Kindle copy of Gatehaven to anyone for free, if they will post their email address in a reply message to this one.
However, Gatehaven might not be for everyone, and it is not a romance in the true sense. Gatehaven is a scary Gothic historical with a very strong Christian messages.
Molly

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jungling Molly did you still want another reviewer? If so my email address is jenjungling@gmail.com