Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

Debate~Opinions~Compare > Nutritional Meals in Schools

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
The President's Wife wants to put better Nutrition in Schools, to make sure Students eat better. What do you think about this? I would LOVE to know what you think about this.

message 2: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I think it's a good idea but what defines nutrition. I mean it's been about ten years since I graduated high school and even longer since I had a school cafeteria meal, so I don't know how much has changed regarding lunch meals. But I know that most kids are going to want a pizza or a burger over a salad.

Are they going to take away the vending machines or adjust the choices there? If they do that, then kids are going to complain, no doubt about that. So what happens to the food in the machines, it won't get eaten and will most likely go to ruin.

I'm all for better foods in schools but I'm hoping they don't go overboard.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I think it mostly mean better quality food (better pizza over poor pizza), and healthier side choices, salad or fruit over fries. As well as better educating kids about nutrition and what they put into their bodies.

I have mixed feelings about vending machines in schools, because they can bring schools revenue and when I was in high school one of the clubs (the Robotics club) took advantage of the recycling and it helped boost their funds, so the money it brings is two fold. But, of course, it depends on what's actually in the machines.

message 4: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
www.freshhealthyvending.com

That's the Website that you go to to see the Snacks that is the Vending Machines.

Also you can look at "Fresh Healthy Vending-Official Site" to see ALL the different things that are in these Vending Machines.