Modern Good Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Dan. :) I am a beginner cartoonist looking for feedback... I would love to know what you think... :)

message 2: by Sybil (new)

Sybil Powell (sybilpowell) | 58 comments Success Dan it made me laugh and not a lot of catoons do.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Sybil! What details in it do you like best? :)

message 4: by Sybil (new)

Sybil Powell (sybilpowell) | 58 comments Dan it's so difficult to say what amuses me but I do like it when a bully gets his comeupance. Apart from that I think the illustration has an element of suprise even though you can see it all, I think reading the bubble sort of delayed me from fully understanding the second picture.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the awesome feedback...perhaps the bubble is unnecessary and redundant. What do you think of the man's feet?

message 6: by L. (new)

L. Shosty This reminds me of Mad Magazine back in its heyday. The feet are one of the things that makes it funny. The way the front of the socks fold down reminds me of Don Martin. Excellent. You might have some folks who will take issue with the PMS bit, but I think it speaks to everyone because, though men don't have PMS, we can all understand not feeling well and the world piling on aggravations when we're at our worst. Punching the mugger is the much-needed release of tension.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

L. wrote: "This reminds me of Mad Magazine back in its heyday. The feet are one of the things that makes it funny. The way the front of the socks fold down reminds me of Don Martin. Excellent. You might h..."

Thanks so much for that awesome feedback, L. That really made my day! :) to be compared to vintage Don Martin is truly an honour!

message 8: by Ceri, Moderator (new)

Ceri London (cerilondon) | 464 comments Mod

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.