Heroes Die (The Acts of Caine, #1)
This topic is about Heroes Die
The Acts of Caine > HD - Section 7: Day 7 & Epilogue

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Section 7

Please keep all discussion to the events and speculation to Day 7 & Epilogue.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your goodreads friends.

Please do not discuss events from later books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I won't say I'm disappointed by the ending, but it all seemed to wrap up a little too nicely.

Especially with a title of Heroes Die.

I liked how Caine "bury the sword" technique on Berne. I forget the actual name of it.

I also liked how he brought The Emperor to earth. I was kind of disappointed there weren't any big reveals though. Like one of them actually being an actor or something.

I enjoyed it enough to read the next book at some point though.

Andreas I'm curious: What's that mysterious black Flow in Caine? Kirendall and Pallas refer to it.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andreas wrote: "I'm curious: What's that mysterious black Flow in Caine? Kirendall and Pallas refer to it."

That too. I wonder if that will be explored in the later books.

And Bill brought up the "inevitable revolution" back on Earth in an earlier section, and that never happens either.

I could see Shanna wanting to reprise her Jester role back on Earth.

Bill | 1596 comments Rob wrote: "Andreas wrote: "I'm curious: What's that mysterious black Flow in Caine? Kirendall and Pallas refer to it."

That too. I wonder if that will be explored in the later books.

And Bill brought up the..."

Like you said this rapped up too nicely. I was really disappointed that only Kollberg went down and there was no revolt against the caste system. Hari being happy about being upcasted also seemed kind of backwards to me.

Andreas Fine conclusion, nice wrapup. Completely uninteresting ending. He could have done more here if you consider how he invested in the showdown.

David Sven (gorro) | 316 comments A happily ever after ending?

My review