Laini Taylor Official Fan Group discussion

2nd book most loved character!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celia (new)

Celia | 11 comments Karou won again, but this time much closer to the 2nd place, Zuze, with 34 to 31 votes!!!

message 2: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I liked Zuzana from the first book and fell in love with her even more in book 2.

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 16 comments I vote Akiva, then Ziri. Then Amzallag.

message 4: by Jana (new)

Jana (janajk) | 12 comments I would vote for Akiva, too. He has always been my favorite. :-)

message 5: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 2 comments I love Zuzana too! She is even more loveable in Night of Cake and Puppets!

message 6: by Taneka (last edited Feb 16, 2014 02:37PM) (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) Kylie wrote: "I love Zuzana too! She is even more loveable in Night of Cake and Puppets!"

Okay, so I just found out about Night of Cake and Puppets yesterday. I need to download that soon.

message 7: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Flores | 3 comments I think that must be ziri he is so nice and sweet with karou but make me sad his love for she

message 8: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Flores | 3 comments I think that must be ziri he is so nice and sweet with karou but make me sad his love for her

message 9: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee (qquiet) | 2 comments that would be mik. he's embroiled in this strange war but he still goes with it because he loves zuz. he's just so cool and adorable you know

also, idk i kind of like thiago, too. well i think he's a well written and compelling villain.

message 10: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Dillabough | 2 comments Zuzana, hands down my favourite supporting female character ever. She is just so witty! Ziri is probably my second pick.

message 11: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 2 comments Taneka wrote: "Kylie wrote: "I love Zuzana too! She is even more loveable in Night of Cake and Puppets!"

Okay, so I just found out about Night of Cake and Puppets yesterday. I need to download that soon."

Id love to know what you think! :-)

message 12: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofianava456) | 1 comments ZUZANA she's just the best ever- my best friend is there for me just as much as she is for Karou so I love it folks yes I do why am I talking so weeeiiirrrddd...............ok I'm done now sry. Continue. Please. Lolz

message 13: by Bill (new)

Bill Blume | 8 comments I know there's a lot of love for Zuzana, but she's really a "small doses" personality for me. I think my second favorite characters (yeah, it's a tie) are Liraz and Hazael.

I think it says a lot for Laini Taylor's skills as a writer, that she took a pair of antagonists from the first book, stayed true to who they are and managed to turn them into protagonists in the sequel.

message 14: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Mora-Summonte (madelinemora-summonte) I agree with Bill regarding Laini Taylor's skill with Liraz and Hazael. And I also agree with Ceecee, who mentioned how Thiago is a great villain. I think both he and Jael are compelling.

I would have to say my favorite character in the second book is Ziri. His sacrifice and the toll that it takes/will take on him and Karou and the others is fascinating to witness.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara A | 1 comments I, like Bill, have to say that both Liraz and Hazael are my favourite characters from the second book.

message 16: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Dillabough | 2 comments Madeline wrote: "I agree with Bill regarding Laini Taylor's skill with Liraz and Hazael. And I also agree with Ceecee, who mentioned how Thiago is a great villain. I think both he and Jael are compelling.

I woul..."

I agree with Madeline, loved the way Jael was written and he made a great villain. I absolutely hated him, but he's a great character.

message 17: by Beth (new)

Beth Williams | 8 comments Zuzana - she is just amazing the way she deals with everything Karou throws at her!

And Liraz is really well written in this book as well!

message 18: by Dana J. (new)

Dana J. Moore | 1 comments Hazael blew me away in this book. I hadn't expected to love him so much. So SPOILER ALERT (???) when he died I was legit devastated. I like Litaz but I would've gotten over her death easy. As it is I'm still hoping for a resurrection.

Ziri also came out of no where and stole my heart. (Anybody else Team Ziraz?) What was said about his sacrifice and the toll it would take...YES. I can't wait to see that play out in book 3. But it was great to see Karou have a chimera ally.

message 19: by Jazmin (new)

Jazmin | 2 comments Akiva because we see more of his past

message 20: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Castillo (JFCastillo) | 13 comments Dana J. wrote: "Hazael blew me away in this book. I hadn't expected to love him so much. So SPOILER ALERT (???) when he died I was legit devastated. I like Litaz but I would've gotten over her death easy. As it is..."
I'm with you! Team Ziri all the way. Avika is a little too much angst for me. Though I am sure he and Karou will end up together. Though I do have to say (spoiler maybe) I see something with Liraz and Ziri. There's been a sort of mutual admiration for each other that I've noticed that I'm thinking something might develop between them. Perhaps if not a true "relationship" then a very strong friendship. Not sure why I get this vibe, I think there are only two scenes where they are together in one place and make some sort of observation about the other, but that is my thought.

message 21: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Castillo (JFCastillo) | 13 comments Dana J. wrote: "Hazael blew me away in this book. I hadn't expected to love him so much. So SPOILER ALERT (???) when he died I was legit devastated. I like Litaz but I would've gotten over her death easy. As it is..."

Lol did you intentionally put "Ziraz"???? I thought it was a typo and then after I posted my last response I though perhaps it was a mashup of Ziri and Liraz. So did you get the same "vibe" I did about those two???

message 22: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Castillo (JFCastillo) | 13 comments I love The Shadows that Live!

message 23: by Paloma (new)

Paloma (madeoffiction) | 1 comments I don't know, i just loved all of them! Errr, maybe Hazael and Zuzana :)

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura *SPOILER ALERT*

Akiva, Issa, Ziri and... aaah they were all great. Loved Thiago and Jael too because they're great evil villains. Loved especially the character development of Liraz, I liked her more in book 2 :)

message 25: by Claire (last edited Mar 05, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Claire (clairemoriko) | 8 comments So many great people in this book. I adore Ziri and I love the relationship of Zuzana and Mik. They really lift the story.:)
Love Hazael too! So many characters to love...

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 1 comments I liked Zuzana because she is super loyal and the type of friend I would love to have.

message 27: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix | 5 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I liked Zuzana because she is super loyal and the type of friend I would love to have."

Zuzana was great, and I totally agree with you. Howeber, I love Liraz even over Zuzana. I feel she's a really strong, well developed, overall excellent character who has a lot of different dimensions to her.

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ravyn6) | 1 comments I love Liraz. I'm scared for her in book 3. I have a feeling things will not go well for her.

message 29: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix | 5 comments Ashley wrote: "I love Liraz. I'm scared for her in book 3. I have a feeling things will not go well for her."

I know, right? I'm super scared that Laini Taylor is going to do something horrible to her. I hope not, though. She really is a very complex, intelligent, and overall well developed character. She really stands out to me against all the others, even though they're just as good. Fingers crossed that things work out for her!

message 30: by Maria (new)

Maria | 3 comments I loved Akiva as most of us probably did and that was the point. His suffering is so noble because of the respect he has for Karou, and the lack of a trace of arrogance. He loves her, but he thinks she doesn't, so he'll stay away. It makes him a beautiful character. I suffer with him.

message 31: by Cathryn (last edited Mar 20, 2014 04:52PM) (new)

Cathryn (la_knight89) | 3 comments You know, I'm not sure about who my favorite is. I love Zuzana for so many reasons, and I love Akiva, and Hazael, and Ziri, but they all have issues with me except Zuzana. Like, Zuzana is maybe 7th or 8th rung for me, but she's popped to first rung because everyone else has these flaws that bother me. They're realistic flaws, but I don't like them.

(spoilers...I think)

Ziri - he didn't talk to Karou for like, ever, even though he knew it was wrong of him and he should've just ignored Thiago. He even says, "I knew you didn't really betray us. You would never." Well, if he knew, WHY did he go along with Thiago's BS?

Liraz - the anti-chimaera racism is a big demerit for her, and for Hazael. And unlike Hazael, who let the Caprine go, as far as we know, Liraz never spared a chimaera civilian. She allowed Akiva to rescue Ziri, but she didn't pitch in.

Thiago - wormy peach. Nuff said. Brilliantly written (I could NOT figure him out until near the end of book 2) but wormy peach. Zuze hit it on the head.

Jael - ugh. Just ugh. Same issue as Thiago. Well written, creepy as heck. Ugh. And not opposed to unwilling incest with his niece. Ew.

Zuze can be a little weird sometimes, a little too lighthearted, but she hasn't done any of the things the others have done that make me wanna smack her. So...yeah.

Oh, and I love Issa. But she's more tertiary in book 2 because she only has...what? 5 scenes? Mik is more tertiary and we don't see much of him, so he did not make this list. And Akiva is more a main character than a secondary, so he didn't make the list, either.