What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Mid-Grade Fantasy(?), A QUEST: New Heroes search for Old Heroes

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (last edited Feb 12, 2014 10:59PM) (new)

Patricia (LovelloftheWolves) | 2 comments All I remember is the vague plot: a small town is in some kind of trouble, so a band of "rescuers" (they aren't heroes yet) set out to find the heroes of lore who saved their village "all those years ago." There might be 5 "rescuers"? Certainly more than 3. Of course, as a "band of anything" story, lots of character conflict. Um... there was at least ONE girl. And they had parallels to the old heroes.

(SPOILERS AHEAD... if you can call something so vague spoilers)

Eventually (after so so many trials and tribulations - of which I cannot remember any EXCEPT when the band of heroes gets separated in a TERRIBLE SAND STORM/ Desert?) they find the Heroes of Yesteryear to be told that THEY (the band of rescuers) are the NEW HEROES.

I dont know if anyone can help, but I've been trying to find this book since high school (I read it in middle school – so sometime between the years 2001-2003; but it WAS a library book, so it could have been published decades ago). It might be children's fantasy. At least, I believe it was fantasy... It wasn't set on earth, in any case. OH! and it was a ... middle-earth esque world? Certainly not a modern world. There were no cars. There might have been horses. I'd consider it more a middle-earth for kids.

THANKS!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Patricia, are you still looking for this?

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (LovelloftheWolves) | 2 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Patricia, are you still looking for this?"

I was, but I guess no one knows. I understand its a very ... uniformative post, my memory of the book is terrible. Maybe one day I'll stumble across it again!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No one knows yet, but don't give up. Some requests have been solved after 3, 4, 5 years. You actually have a lot of details in there.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 6: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 109 comments This makes me think of Carol Kendall's The Whisper of Glocken.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
I agree with Cycad that The Whisper of Glocken by Carol Kendall is a very good fit with your description. It is an excellent summary of the book.

Is this your book? Please let us know one way or the other, as we crave closure!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Whisper of Glocken (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carol Kendall (other topics)