Camp Half-Blood: An Advanced Role-Play discussion

Camp Role-Play > The Climbing Wall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Barry (new)

Barry Black | 76 comments Mod
The Climbing Wall is a giant wall which Greek campers climb at Camp Half-Blood. They must climb quickly or it will clash with the other wall, causing lava to pour from the top, and boulders to fall on whoever is climbing at the time.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Evander walked over to the climbing wall and strapped on some basic armor consisting of a copper breastplate and forearm guards.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments Lilliana followed Evander. "Having fun?" She asked before he could start climbing.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

He jumped and turned, surprised to hear that someone was here. "I don't know really. I haven't narrowly avoided my death by nimbly sidestepping some lava so, you know, the party hasn't started yet." He grinned and gripped he first few stones, muscles taught.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments She smiled. She watched and waited until he would be done

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The wall began to move and he swung to the right, feeling the heat of lava sear dangerously close to his ear. Soon he reached the top, arms slightly tired, but still energized by the purple sunlight as it faded to moonlight. "You coming up?" he called down to her.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments Lilliana shrugged. "Why not?" But instead of climbing up, she used the shadows to moves herself up to the top.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 05, 2014 05:35PM) (new)

"That... was different," he said aloud, edging away slightly. Shadow travel had never seemed natural to him. "So, you're not strong enough to make it to the top?" He grinned, flexing a bicep as a joke.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((I've got to go. School in the morn. :/ ))

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "Funny. No I'm not." She said and smiled. "Do you climb often?" She asked

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"I guess you could say that," he said, shrugging. "I do just about everything athletic at camp. Swordplay, hand-on-hand, climbing, running. Basically everything except for archery because, well, you know." He grimaced, remembering earlier.

A breeze whispered across his face and he breathed in deeply. It reminded him for a second of the cool, mountain air in Afghanistan, one of the many places he had lived with his mom on the search for his dad, Ares.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "So what was it like? Before camp?" She asked

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

His chest tightened like it always did when he talked about... before. He looked at his lap before saying, "My...mom and I traveled around a lot. Mostly in war zones which..." He trailed off, a faraway look in his eyes. He snapped back to reality and clenched his fist at his side. "She was looking for Ares and didn't find him, obviously."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "All gods go hiding. It's stupid. They are more of cowards than anything." She said with disgust

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

He nodded bitterly. "If it wasn't for him, my mom wouldn't have just dumped me here without explanation. She wouldn't have hated me. She wouldn't have gone insane." His voice rose with every sentence and he could feel his anger begin to rise. He closed his eyes. trying to slow down his beating pulse. "Sorry," he sighed, once he got his breathing steady again.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "It's fine. Your story sounds better." She said as shadows began to firm around her.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Than what? Yours?" he asked, wanting to change the subject from his story. "Not having a tragic background isn't the worst thing. I wish mine was different."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "My mom died traveling the world. I guess she died from an angry mob or something. At least that's what the police told me. They wanted to take me to an orphanage and I didn't want to go, so I ran away. I've been around a lot of bad things. Some people had tried to kill me...but I believe that was my fault. I tend to...zone out at times. Ima. Terrible person when it comes to zoning out. I'll end up in random places with out knowing how I had gotten there. It's annoying really..." She said and sighed

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Evander nodded slowly, choosing to stay silent. He knew how it felt, the anger, the frustration, the sadness. Most times, it was better just to let it out. Finally he said, only half jokingly, "Sometimes it helps to tear apart a training dummy with a sword. That's what I did my first year of camp." Smiling grimly, he shrugged a shoulder.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "well some people are better at letting it out than others." She said back

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

He looked away, knowing that all too well. He hated to think that he had hurt so many people, but that was him. Nothing more than a violent Ares kid.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments She sighed. "Enough of this sad stuff. I may be a Hates child but I still like to be happy." She said

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

He let out a breath, suddenly aware that he was holding it in the first place. "Good idea," he agreed. "So... what do you do for fun? I've never seen you around here before."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "I'm good at staying hidden. I usually just shoot. And then walk..."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Walk where?" he asked, holding back a yawn. Not that he was bored, just the opposite, but the sun had gone down ages ago.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "The forest." She said and shrugged. "You tired?" She asked noticing how dark it was

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Evander nodded. "I've never really just walked in the forest. Usually only for training... But, yeah. I guess so. It's getting late."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments She nodded. "You gonna climb down or do you want me to use a shadow to get you down faster?" She akd

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

He hesitated. "Um, you know. I'll just climb. Shadow travel is..." He didn't know how to put it. Creepy wasn't the right word. Perhaps unsettling? Unnatural?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"I dunno..." he said slowly. "I guess?" He it his cheek, preparing for the worst.

((gtg, sorry))

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments ((Ok))

She smiled. "Ok. Here." She held out her hand

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Evander reached out, grasping her hand in his calloused one. "You know, is really a good id-?" He began to feel an odd sensation in his head, like the static on a TV.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "Clear your mind. You can't be thinking during this." She says as shadows spread around them

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Evander nodded, trying to ignore the feeling that he was suffocating in darkness. Stop, he urged himself, brushing fear out of his mind.

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "There you go." She whispered as the shadows circled around them and set them onto the ground. When the shadows disappeared, she let go of his hand

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

He stepped back, thankful of the cool night air. "Next time, I'll just climb," he said, more to himself than to Lily. He brushed at his arms, as if trying to brush away the spider webs of shadow.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"No, it's not you," he said abruptly, realizing he might've offended her. "I've never shadow traveled before. I mean, it wasn't that bad."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments She nods. "It just takes time. It did when I first shadow traveled." She said

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

He shuffled his feet, pulling out his pocket knife. He twirled it in his fingers, reassured by its weight.
"I guess I'll see you around, Lilliana."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "Lilly, please call me Lilly. I feel strange being called Lilliana." She said

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

He turned, looking over his shoulder as he walked away toward his cabin. "See you around, Lilly."

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments "Bye." She said as she walked towards her cabin.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm heading to the Ares cabin, but in the morning maybe she could find him in the archery range and help him?))

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

((Or go to the forest?))

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

((And then there is the Aphrodite girl as well. Is she coming back or was that just a meet n greet sort of thing?))

Midnight Rose -Just Another Lost Soul {Does It Matter Who I Really Am Inside?}- | 202 comments ((Umm...idk. Depends on what that person wants to do. But I say in the forest....maybe....))

« previous 1