What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Driving Me Crazy!! /s

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hope (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:42PM) (new)

Hope | 2 comments I am desperate to find this book!

Please, if you know anything, save both my hair and husbands sanity by helping me find it.

I read it about 2 years or so ago and the some of what i can recall about it is: The opening scene of the book is the heroine hosting a BBQ in her new backyard so her and her husband could show off their new underground pool they had finally completed.

The heroine was extremely OCD and her husband was her calm place, if you will. There is a paragraph where she states "I could never just go to bed knowing that their was a sink full of dishes or clothes in the dryer, that had yet to be folded. (H) would always good at distracting me by taking me to bed but even after it was over and the glow subsided, i couldnt nod off no matter how hard i tried. So (H) would always get up with me and help fold the laundry or put away the dishes"

Also, nearer the end of the book, they both are attending his family reunion and the family starts noticing the tense aura between the H/h so the H tells h to stop with her attitude and to play it off better.

I am so sorry if this is a bad example but as i said before, I do not remember much of the plot just bits and pieces. But i DO recollect it being a most superb read and cant wait to pick it up again!

Thank You for all your help and i look forward to hearing something soon hopefully :)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37834 comments Mod
Hope, adding descriptive info to your header will cause more people to click on it.

Was this chick lit, or something else? Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Whatever It Takes by L. Maretta? Whatever It Takes by L. Maretta

The opening scene sounds similar to your description, based on the Look Inside preview on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Whatever-It-Tak...

message 4: by Hope (new)

Hope | 2 comments Kris thank you!! After reading the description it was EXACTLY the book If been hunting for.

Thanks again for your help and I'll definitely be back!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Glad we could help you find your book. Enjoy. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Whatever It Takes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L. Maretta (other topics)