Literally Aspiring discussion

General Discussions and Misc. > Spreading the love on Valentine's

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 25 comments Mod
With Valentine's Day coming up I thought it would be nice to show some indie, self-published or underrated authors a little love on GR and wanted to see if anyone cared to join in?

You know how when you read a book and give it a high rating (4-5 stars) that it prompts you to recommend the book to your GR friends? What if each of us picked a book from our shelves (completely your choice) by a little known author that we read and enjoyed and sent out a recommendation to each one of our GR friends for them to consider for themselves?

We all know it's hard for some authors to get word-of-mouth for their novels, so if you recommend their book to your friends - be it 10 or 100 - then not only are your friends on GR aware of a book your thought was great but that author has the chance to gain a few more readers. I've done it in the past with my friends list and sometimes 7 people take an interest and other times 70 people add it to their to-read shelf. However many people take my recommendation it always feels like a win-win to me.

If anyone else wants to make some love-connections on this site just post here and - if you like - add the book you're going to recommend to your friends :D

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Davis | 8 comments The Dividing Line

Love the idea Courtney. I'm going to recommend The Dividing Line by Victoria H. Smith AND the ebook is free right now on Amazon!! She has a lot of good stuff so if you like NA go check her out. Plus who doesn't want s free book. ;)

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Davis | 8 comments Correction: The first in the series, The Space Between is currently free. I'll recommend both lol.