Horror Aficionados discussion

Horrorpedia > Make an author your bloody Valentine

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 49 comments With Valentine's Day coming up I thought it would be nice to show some indie, self-published or underrated authors a little love on GR and wanted to see if anyone cared to join in?

You know how when you read a book and give it a high rating (4-5 stars) that it prompts you to recommend the book to your GR friends? What if each of us picked a book from our shelves (completely your choice) by a little known author that we read and enjoyed and sent out a recommendation to each one of our GR friends for them to consider for themselves?

We all know it's hard for some authors to get word-of-mouth for their novels, so if you recommend their book to your friends - be it 10 or 100 - then not only are your friends on GR aware of a book your thought was great but that author has the chance to gain a few more readers. I've done it in the past with my friends list and sometimes 7 people take an interest and other times 70 people add it to their to-read shelf. However many people take my recommendation it always feels like a win-win to me.

If anyone else wants to make some love-connections on this site just post here and - if you like - add the book you're going to recommend to your friends :D

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 148 comments Courtney, thanks for doing this. And Happy Valentine's Day. I have two selections:

First, BLOOD BEGINNINGS by Alison Beightol, the second book in her THE PRIMIGENIO TALES trilogy. In this book, Alison kicks up the tension several notches and takes a chance by introducing a hated historical figure (SS Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich) as a main character. If you love your vampires with an edge, BLOOD BEGINNINGS is for you.

Second, HISSERS by Ruan C. Thomas. Thomas threw a unique spin on the zombie genre with this book (but no spoilers). All I'll say is that when I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down. The story is fast paced and compelling, and HISSERS would make one hell of a movie.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 49 comments Thanks for participating! I hope your friends appreciate the recommendation. They sound like good reads.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Agent White A blend of noir, dark fantasy and great storytelling, this one just recently came out but I got to be a beta reader for it and it's a really great read regardless of which genre you're into. If you go to the link you can read my review for it for more info.