Soccer Lovers!!! discussion

Hey, I Love Soccer! > Read and Review: New soccer book just in time for Brazil 2014!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Karakai | 5 comments Hi everyone,

My new book, "Soccer Obsession: An Inside Look Into The Global Game" has just been released. It covers everything you need to know about soccer culture, from the greatest players in history, to the best European leagues, the darker side of football (kidnappings and murders), all the way through to the billionaire club owners.

I've also included some of the funniest quotes in history, including the one and only's Ibrahimovic.

http://www.amazon.com/Soccer-Obsessio...

If anybody would like a free copy for a Read and Review, please let me know!

I'm off to the World Cup in June, is anybody here going?

message 2: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments I will not be going to the World cup but I would love a copy so how can I get a hold of one?

message 3: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Karakai | 5 comments Hi Jozlin,

It just came out, and it's available from Amazon, Kobo, and B&N. iTunes in about a week. I can send you a copy to your email or you can buy it from there, up to you :)

message 4: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments Thanks Anthony, I think I will go and try to find it at B&N (one of my fav. stores). Cant wait to read it. How are your other books?

message 5: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Karakai | 5 comments Thanks Jozlin. If you enjoy it, I would appreciate a review :) This is my first non-fiction book, and I've been fortunate enough to get 13 reviews on Amazon for it, all 5 stars!

My other books include Vagabond (an inspirational, magical realism, travel adventure), The End Of Athens (A futuristic dystopian thriller, also inspirational in nature), and The Black Lion: Satan's Kingdom (a spy thriller). I have just completed part two to The Black Lion, which I hope to have out within the next 4 weeks.

Do any of these novels sound like your type?

P.S Messi's hattrick the other night was sublime!

message 6: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments Well can you send it to my moms email… Twinpetersons@comcast.net. I would love free copy for a Read and Review. Where would I need to post my review?

message 7: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments So what is The Black Lion: Satan's Kingdom about (I like spy thrillers)??

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Karakai | 5 comments Okay will do. Thanks. A review on Amazon and here on Good Reads would be perfect!

The Black Lion: Satan's Kingdom is about a group of intelligence officers who have been brought together to fight international crime. They're the best of the best: From the CIA, KGB, ASIO, and the Italian Secret Service. Recruited in secrecy, they are charged with uncovering a sinister organ harvesting operation that is suspected of being tied to a terrorist cell in Europe.

Time is running out fast, and the evil that lurks in the darkest recesses of the underground world will scar them forever.

message 9: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments Sounds AWESOME!! I would love to read that book also. :)

Ok will do, I will post a review as soon as I finish the books. Thanks sooooooo much Anthony.

message 10: by Jozlin ;-} (new)

Jozlin   ;-} | 94 comments Could I get your email… that might be helpful.

message 11: by John (new)

John Doyle | 2 comments Hello soccer followers,
As I write this, 32 Days to the World Cup in Brazil. If you buy any book about Soccer, please consider this one. Mine. International bestseller. Paperback updated now to cover World Cup 2010. Featured on Fox Soccer Report. Listed EPL Talk’s Ultimate Guide to Football Books. Featured in Bleacher Report’s Top Soccer Books to Read This Summer. Published in US by Rodale, in Canada Doubleday.
http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Is-Ba...

message 12: by John (new)

John Valdez | 1 comments I can vouch for Mr. Doyle's The World is a Ball! I loved it!

message 13: by John (new)

John Doyle | 2 comments John wrote: "I can vouch for Mr. Doyle's The World is a Ball! I loved it!"

Thanks so much John. The World is a Ball got some good reviews and is on some impressive Lists. I'm just doing some reminders, as it came out in USA after the last World Cup. Cheers.