Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

AS/A-Level AQA (A) Psychology Exam Revision Notes (Exam Revision Notes S.)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Error when trying to delete a 'wrong' author

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Steve Ward (stevewardthewriter) | 4 comments Hi,

One of the authors of this book is Steve Ward.

However, in the process of adding authors, a 'wrong' author with the same name has been added that I'm trying to delete (the top listed Steve Ward, with 5 spaces, is correct, the bottom listed Steve Ward is a different author unconnected to the book).

However, when I try to delete the incorrect (bottom-listed) Steve Ward I keep getting an ERROR message. I've seen the issue in another thread with the suggestion to save and re-edit, with the idea being that it typically works on the second try... but I've not had any luck after a *lot* of retries.

Any advice appreciated

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments not sure what the problem was. might be an author versus librarian privilege. regardless, the wrong steve ward has been removed.

Steve Ward (stevewardthewriter) | 4 comments Thank you very much Z-squared, very kind of you to help (and very fast!). :)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41982 comments Mod
Z-squared wrote: "might be an author versus librarian privilege."

Indeed. There are several data items author can add but not remove; secondary authors are one of these.

Steve Ward (stevewardthewriter) | 4 comments Hi, the same issue has arisen with https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I am the Steve Ward (5 spaces) that is a contributor in it, the one listed by the editor who made the entry is incorrect. I'd be grateful if someone could correct for me please.

message 6: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4877 comments Got #5.

Steve Ward (stevewardthewriter) | 4 comments Thank you muchly :)

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Friedrich | 2 comments Looking for help so will just post this here, this book was added to my author page, but it odes not belong to any of my works

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The rest of t he books are mine and I added em myself, but this is not so please remove it from my library I am not the author of this book.

Thank you

message 9: by Ren (new)

Ren | 688 comments #8 done.

However it gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book/author is used for other books, in the future please start a new topic.

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Friedrich | 2 comments Ren wrote: "#8 done.

However it gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book/author is used for other books, in the future please start a new topic."

Alright, sorry first time doing this, thanks :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.