What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Unseen
This topic is about The Unseen
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl who loves animals finds shadowy creatures in her cellar [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Feb 12, 2014 01:34PM) (new)

Hannah Sanders | 3 comments I read this book in the fifth grade, so it's right around that reading level. I don't remember much, but there was this girl who LOVED animals. She had so many stuffed animals on her bed that she could hardly lay on it. I think she might have had split up parents...MAYBE. She might have dislike her mom's boyfriend. The girl goes into her cellar and finds these shadowy creatures and she's scared at first, but then they become her friends. I vaguely remember her running through the woods or something, perhaps one of the creatures wasn't so nice.
I've been searching for this book for years, please help. It was probably published somewhere between 2000 and 2008

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Sanders | 3 comments She had short dark hair...anybody?

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 402 comments It takes much longer for someone to reply, so hang in there!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments The Unseen The Unseen by Zilpha Keatley Snyder , maybe?

Found this in a book review: She takes solace in imagining enchanted worlds and in privately caring for orphaned animals (a skunk, an owl, and other wild creatures) in a corner of her basement. The gift of a white feather from a mysterious bird she saves from hunters becomes for Xandra a strangely compelling key to a surrounding, separate reality. She immediately senses the feather's intrinsic power and seeks out her classmate, Beatrice, to tell her more. Wielding the key with its possibilities of insight and great danger brings Xandra into contact with terrifying shadowy creatures that threaten and bite

If not this, do you remember anything about the cover? Was it set in modern times or in the past?

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Sanders | 3 comments OH MY GOSH, YOU FOUND IT!!! Thank you so much!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Unseen (other topics)