The INSPY Awards discussion

Swoon-Worthy Leading Men

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rissi (new)

Rissi (goodreadscomrissi_c) | 67 comments Mod
Hello, Inspy friends! There is a common meme that visits the blogosphere every Tuesday called "Top Ten Tuesday." This week's topic was "Top Ten Books that Make You Swoon." It got me thinking; who are the leading men (or just the book in general) in inspirational fiction (or any genre) that are swoon-worthy and memorable to you?

Some of the heroes most memorable in my reading have been Alex Sinclair and Beckett Rush (of Jenny B. Jones Save the Date and There You'll Find Me), Caleb Knight, Jace Jacobsen and Joe Michaels (all heroes from the pen of Susan May Warren), Tony Lucano (from the 'To Catch a Theif' series), Cole McKenna (Submerged) and probably LOTS more that I'm missing but I figure I'd best quit while I'm ahead. ;)

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I liked Texas Ranger Jake Nelson in "A River to Cross," by Yvonne Harris. I will always remember Gabriel, the Duke of Easton, in the "Forgotten Castle" series by Jamie Carie and then there is Dr. Caleb Fairbanks in "Waiting for Morning," by Margaret Brownley. All three men were awesome!

message 3: by Rissi (new)

Katherine wrote: "I liked Texas Ranger Jake Nelson in "A River to Cross," by Yvonne Harris. I will always remember Gabriel, the Duke of Easton, in the "Forgotten Castle" series by Jamie Carie and then there is Dr. C..."

I've heard some good things about Jamie Carie's series, Katherine though haven't read them myself - the leading man sounds very noble and quite wonderful just by his name. :) Books that put their characters in law enforcement (i.e., Texas Ranger as you describe) always are even more heroic!

Thanks for sharing!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

- Connor Blake in Just Between You And Me by Jenny B. Jones

- Salmone in Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar

- Evan Price in Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert

- Drew Connor in A Bride Most Begrudging by Deanne Gist

- Darius in Harvest of Rubies and in Harvest of Gold by Tessa Afshar

Yep :) Those are some of the names on my list.

message 5: by Rissi (new)

...and it sounds like a great list, Ganise!

I was going to say I've not had the pleasure of meeting any of these gentleman - *gasp* - but I think perhaps I've met Drew Connor. It would have been years ago though so don't quote me. ;)

I'm most aghast at needing to introduce myself to Evan and Connor. Great-sounding list!