My World of 1x1s discussion

Fantasy > Emma & Ji Mei

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited Feb 27, 2014 04:11AM) (new)

Emma Name: Adalaide Keegan

Species: Human

Appearance:

Personality: Adalaide is a fairly stubborn person who is easily scared or startled. She loves going out with her friends and just having a good time, though she never takes her mask off. She's a bit paranoid in that sense, even more than most people. She's past the point of even noticing it's there, really, despite its ostentatious nature. Adalaide is a bit talkative, more than a bit, really, she talks through almost everything, and she'll talk to anyone.

History: Adalaide led a fairly normal history, what you'd expect from anyone. She would go through several masks as she grew up, as many people did. She always found it easy to make friends, so despite her being an only child, she was never lonely. Now, at age 20, she's working as a waitress, and attending university classes, although she doesn't really know what she wants to do with her life.

message 2: by Ji Mei (last edited Mar 01, 2014 10:17AM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments Name: Robin Gabrielli

Species: Human

Appearance:

Personality: Robin is on the shy side, or at least, she seems like that in public. If you get to meet her on a personal level, she is as chatty as everyone else. She has a strong sense of loyalty, and she puts quite an emphasis on friendship, which is something important to her. Also, she tends to think more whimsically and nothing is more fun for her than to explore fantasy worlds through any medium.

History: From a young age, Robin's mother left her and her younger brother to be raised by her father. She never really hated nor missed her mother, though she often did wonder what it might be like to have one. Mainly her brother is the one who is influence the most with the lack of a mother to care for him and so Robin has tried to fill in that role. She grew up normally, though maybe a little bit more stuffy and busy to socialize. When she was able to get into a university and be on her own, Robin has opened up more, having less responsibilities than at home. Currently, she works at a bookstore and volunteers at an animal shelter.

message 3: by Ji Mei (last edited Mar 02, 2014 03:11PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments Name: Seymour Downing

Species: Grim reaper

Appearance:

Personality: Most of the time, his mind is oriented towards work. His life is his job and so far, has never ventured to see the possibilities of what could lie beyond that. He is quite the gentleman, but he's also sarcastic and witty. When he isn't working, usually he can be found outside going for a walk or just sitting on a park bench and enjoying nature.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Name: Jedi Anwil Hayden

Species: Grim Reaper

Appearance:

Personality: First things first, don't let his species confuse you; Jedi is anything but grim. In fact, he may be a bit too happy and optimistic to properly do his job, but he seems to manage just fine. He loves talking and actually, debates, which he views as civilized, structured arguments. And while he enjoys talking and "arguing" he also enjoys time to himself, and can be often found sitting down with a book.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Do you want me to start?

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma Adalaide walked through the darkened room, slightly adjusting her mask as she pressed through the crowd of people dancing to reach the bar. "A vodka and coke, please?" She half-shouted over the music to the bartender.

Jedi stood uncomfortably in one of the corners of the club, he had come to try and get someone to take of their mask so he could actually be productive about his job, but he was having a hard time just keeping himself from practically getting trampled.

message 7: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments As soon as Robin entered the room of dancing people, her head ducked down slightly as if she as afraid she'd be spotted. Of course, that couldn't happen with her mask on, but still, she felt self-conscious, the the thrum of the music beating in her chest. Skirting past people, she wandered over to a corner so that she wouldn't be seen by her friends that she entered with.

Seymour leaned casually at the bar, his elbows on the counter, a glass hanging lazily in his hand. Of course, he was wearing a mask to blend in, so most of the dancers here didn't notice him. It wasn't until he caught the sound of a voice next to him did he turn his gaze away from the crowd of dancers. "Interesting combination," he commented in a loud voice, flashing the young woman a grin.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Jedi looked over at the girl next to him, still a bit disconcerted by the dark edge of the mask that blocked his peripheral vision. She was one of the girls who seemed to be light in every sense of the world; blonde hair, pale skin, and light eyes, at least from what he could see behind the black and gold mask that she wore. "Hello! Are we the awkward wallflowers, then?" He asked her, smiling.

"Anything's interesting, it depends on your definition." Adalaide replied, "Although I do suppose my drink preferences are a little far from the ordinary side of things." She took the drink and paid the bartender before taking a sip and smiling back at the guy.

message 9: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments A soft smile flickered across her face and she gave a small laugh. "Yes, it seems that way. Pretty soon we might have a garden," Robin commented, slightly wincing inside at how cheesy she must sound.

"Very true." Running a hand across his jaw, Seymour's brow rose, intrigued. Swirling the ice around his glass, he took a sip. His smile returning, he nodded towards the dancing people. "Do you come here often?"

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma "Think it would bother the dancers?" He asked jokingly, going along with her comment. He ran a hand through his short black hair and shifted his weight to his left leg. It did get pretty boring, just standing around and waiting, watching.

"Oh, every once in a while. A few of my friends dragged me out tonight, it's been my first night off in almost a month." She told him. She wasn't so fond of the place herself, it was a bit to crowded and busy for her liking, her friends had really enjoyed it, so she came along.

message 11: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments "I doubt it," she laughed and shook her head slightly, her blonde waves brushing across her shoulders. "Probably enjoying themselves too much." Usually this was the point in time where she'll manage to give her friends the slip, but now that she started this conversation, Robin was contemplating that perhaps this time it wouldn't be so bad.

Raising a brow, his green eyes studied her with curiosity. "Then am I correct to assume that you have a job?" he asked. Perhaps it wasn't his best strategy to talk up a person before convincing them to remove their mask before killing them, but still, work was work. Too bad this one seemed really interesting. Casting a glance at his companion in the corner, he wondered if he was having any progress as well. Seeing another young girl with him, he gave the most subtle of nods before returning his focus to the girl in front of him.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma "Yeah, they don't really care to look at the walls too much, at least from what I've noticed. He caught Seymour's eye and nodded back, barely moving his head at all. "So, do you hang out here a lot? Or places like here?" Jedi asked, although he could guess the answer already: No.

"Yeah, I'm a waitress. It's a lovely line of work, really." She said sarcastically, there was nothing wrong with the place she worked in or what she did, but people could be exceedingly rude and they always seemed to have some sort of idiotic comment. "What about you? Do you have a job?" She asked in way of conversation.

message 13: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments "Unfortunately, my friends seem to be able to drag me here too often. Typically, I just like to stay home, but yet here I am," Robin replied, smiling slightly. In fact, even her parents encouraged her to go out, finding their daughter too antisocial for their liking.

Tilting his head, Seymour smiled. Yes, I do. I reap the souls of people and lay them to rest in their graves, he silently answered. Probably wasn't the best answer to give. Instead, Seymour answered, "I am a waiter as well. Odd coincidence, huh? I usually guide people to their places." He took a sip of his drink, hiding his smirk to himself.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma "What, can't say no? Or do you really just enjoy being outside without communication: you want to watch everything?" He half-guessed, half asked. Usually people were fairly easy to read. Especially humans these days with their masks, you could tell whether someone was confident or shy, wanted attention or would prefer to blend into the background.

"Oh, that's the best job isn't it? I usually take on the lovely task of taking orders and carrying way too many plates of food." She shook her head and took a gulp of her drink. "That has resulted in much humiliation through spectacular falls. I'm surprised I haven't broken my ankle yet, with the shoes I have to wear."

message 15: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments Giving a shrug, she folded her arms across her chest. "Mostly the can't say no part. Though, I like watching people, but I prefer doing that at a park or sitting outside a café." It probably wasn't a healthy pastime but she sometimes found people were quite fascinating and they were certainly more intriguing than her own life.

"Hm, that I don't envy you. I do have to deal with people waiting in line, though, and that could be unpleasant," Seymour replied, adding more to his lie. At least, it was half a lie. There was some truth in what he said, which he supposed was the case for every lie. "But it seems you deserve a night off and I suppose that's why you're here."

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma "I prefer quieter places as well, as a general rule." Jedi commented, "I don't particularly enjoy having to half-shout every conversation." He was a bit surprised at their similar viewpoint, he often found himself sitting in a quiet location and looking up from a book to just...watch people.

"Cheers to that!" Adalaide exclaimed and raised her glass before downing its remaining contents. "So, what's your name?" She asked upon realizing it was a question that she had not asked, and information that he had not offered. "I'm Adalaide."

message 17: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments "It seems we're quite the odd pair of wallflowers then," Robin commented, glancing over at him and flashing him a small smile. "My mother would say I'm a troublesome child because I don't act like other young people. She even encouraged me to come here."

He downed the rest of his own drink in salute and ordered another glass. Turning his head at her question, he smiled slightly. Sliding closer, he held out his hand. "Well, pleasure to meet you, Adalaide. My name's Seymour."

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma "That's new." He commented offhandedly, "I didn't know quiet equated to troublesome these days." He shook his head, looking at the pattern on the wall--it was striped wallpaper, surprisingly, black and red. The stripes weren't even however, and some of them were on diagonals.

Adalaide asked for another drink as well, before turning back to Seymour. "Pleasure to meet you as well." She said with a soft smile, shaking his hand. She always felt awkward around handshakes; was her grip to strong? Not strong enough? Was she holding on for too long? But she suffered through, and it usually turned out fine.

message 19: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments "Depends. My mom doesn't think it's healthy to stay cooped inside, and that I don't socialize with boys, or whatever. That is what she finds troublesome." Tucking a golden lock behind her ear, she leaned back against the wall, folding her arms across her chest. It drove her crazy to no end when her mother bickered so much.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma "And your mother wants you to socialize with boys?" He joked. "Wow, I thought most mothers tried to keep their kids inside the house until they're thirty." Maybe thirty was a bit of an exaggeration, but still. But then again, maybe mothers pushed their kids to socialize if they thought they were to quiet; he wouldn't really know.

message 21: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments ((I swear I typed more before! Oh well.))

He gave a nod and a small smile flickered across his mouth. Though it was his job to reap souls, Seymour felt almost reluctant to follow through with his assignment. This girl seemed more interesting and he didn't mind her company. Tilting his head, he glanced over at her with a raised brow. "Perhaps while we wait for your drink, we can take a turn around the room?"

Robin laughed and shook her head. "That is more like what my dad wants. My mother is quite the social butterfly, so she's kind of the opposite."

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma ((ooh, I hate it when that happens. It's like, did I not write more than that? What?))

"Sure, why the hell not?" Adalaide answered with a shrug, taking a moment to slightly adjust her large black mask. Pushing herself up from her position leaning against the bar, she wobbled slightly on her heeled shoes, but keeping her balance nonetheless.

"Oh, that must have been hard for you." He commented, knowing that simple conflicting messages could be confusing enough, and having to grow up with two parents with entirely differing opinions had to be tough.

message 23: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments In what most likely was a cheesy gentlemanly manner, Seymour offered his elbow and raised a brow at her. With a smile, he asked with exaggerated posh, "Shall I guide you to the dance floor, my lady?"

"Ah, well, that's parents for you." Robin tucked a lock of blonde hair behind her ear and looked at him with curiosity. "So, what about you, then? Do you have parents that trouble you?"

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma "Why that would be lovely dear sir, would you be so kind?" She said cheesily as well, topping off her act with an overdone british accent. She took his arm and let him lead her out onto the dance floor.

"Eh, they used to, a bit, but we got along fine for the most part. I live on my own now too, so they don't really bother me at all." He lied smoothly. He was actually enjoying the conversation, and he wondered if he could take a day off of assignment...or something.

message 25: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments ((What kind of dancing should this be? Just curious. ^_^))

Seymour laughed as he turned to face her. "Ah, the lady is more refined than I thought," he commented, noting her accent was pretty good despite its exaggeration.

"Lucky. I swear, they think that I'm delicate as a bird like my name," Robin told him, folding her arms and leaning back against the wall again. Her velvety black and gold mask shifted slightly in the move and she quickly pushed it back in place.

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma ((O.o I actually have no idea. Maybe slow dancing fits the description better? But I actually have no idea, what do you think? And by the way, I'm super sorry about always taking so long. I've been really busy and have found it really hard to keep track of all my rps.))

message 27: by Ji Mei (last edited May 04, 2014 06:06PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 1753 comments (('Tis quite all right. I've been sorta busy myself. And slow seems best, unless it's some crazy one like the tango, haha. ))