2021 Big Book Challenge discussion

Christina's Big Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Feb 12, 2014 12:32PM) (new)

Christina Pilkington I'm finally getting around to listing the books that I'll read this year towards my big books challenge. My overall reading goal is 125 this year and 20 for the big books challenge, although I'm sure I'll read more than that.

1. Assunder by Jodi Meadows - finished
2. Scarelt by Marissa Meyer - finished
3. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi - finished
4. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - finished
5. Winter's Tale - Mark Helprin
6. Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
7. Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
8. Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
9. City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
10. City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
11. Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Lani Taylor
12. Days of Blood and Starlight - Lani Taylor
13. Dreams of Gods and Monsters - Lani Taylor
14. Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo
15. Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo
16. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
17. The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
18. The Retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
19. The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss
20. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

message 2: by Lozza (new)

Lozza (atbookends) | 17 comments Good luck. Im a bit behind on my challenge but its a challenge of 50. Big books

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Thanks! I was thinking about making my challenge 50, and I probably will wind up reading that many anyway since most the books I like to read are usually longer, but I wanted to set it lower at first since this is my first time doing this challenge. With homeschooling two kids and setting myself a challenge of reading 125 books this year, I hope I didn't set the bar too high!

message 4: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) Good luck with your challenge! Since you have chosen many great big books to read, I'm sure you'll get around to them all ;) Also, wanting to know what you'll think about The Name of the Wind, since I'm considering reading it sometime.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Thanks, Ana! I'm pretty excited about this list. I've had both Rothfuss books since October of last year, so I really need to read them soon. I'll post what I think of them as soon as I read them, but so many of my friends have loved the books that I can't see me not liking them, too. I'd also love to read the Codex Alera books by Jim Butcher, too. I'm listening to his Harry Dresden files on Audible now and loving them.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Thanks for encouragement! I probably should have set it lower and then upped it later in the year, but I'll see how it goes :)

Lorah wrote: "Good luck with your challenges. I think your goals are achievable. I've set myself quite a low goal of 60 books to read for this year and 10 of those need to be big books. I'm thinking of upping my..."