Cozy Mysteries discussion

Town in a Blueberry Jam (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Town in a Blueberry Jam
Book and Series discussions > Candy Holliday mysteries

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nairabell | 97 comments I just finished reading this and wondered if anyone else has read further on in the series. I liked the book but found the writing to be really overly descriptive - like when rather than just describe the Opera House there is a whole page dedicated to who designed it, why, what changes were made to the original design and why and the growth of the neighbourhood around it.

I'm not sure if I want to continue with the series if that is the writing style throughout. So what do you guys think? First book weirdness or is it standard?

message 2: by Melodie (last edited Feb 12, 2014 01:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I actually liked this first book quite a bit. Didn't like the 2nd one much and the 3rd one made me REALLY angry with the ending. I won a copy of the 4th or I would have never read it. It was actually not bad, enough so that I will read the 5th one. There is a continuing thread that is running through the books that I kind of don't like as it makes the books end on pretty much a cliffhanger.